Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: My site takes a long time to load . . .

This is where the subjective bit comes in. I don't like a blank background, I like a texture to stop it looking bleak and sterile.

I tend to lean towards chalkboard, concrete, frosted glass and either 'bleached' or semi transparent. I also prefer dark themes which seems to go against the flow here.

This is my Texture Of The Month...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	125136

Cliff, how did you add those loading animations I've seen on some of your pages?

New problem,

On Android, the mobile site's background is fixed, (the way I want it) but on iPhone's "Safari", it scrolls.

Uh oh...

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Cliff, how did you add those loading animations I've seen on some of your pages?
    Well Branden my friend... I don't want to discourage you but... in order to get animation on your web pages like mine... you need to have immense talent and coding skills...
    You need to know many computer programing languages... you would need to study for years...

OR...

You can just right click an object and select 'web animation' and let Xara do it for you... LOL
    I would suggest you practice with various aspects of that feature on a blank 'test' document to get a feel for the various animations and what they do...

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	83 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	125142

Take care...

Cliff

OH! Your other post about the different happenings on an Android and IPhone... I can't help you because I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why 'this happens' on 'this phone' and 'that happens' on 'that phone'...
    It's way above my pay grade... but someone here may have helpful suggestions...
    Last edited by cmpan1; 12 September 2019 at 01:27 AM.

I've used those before.

But you have some like a little circle that fades in and out, and manages to play until your page is done loading, then it goes away. this seems a bit more complex than Xara's native animations, unless there are some tricks I don't know about.

But you have some like a little circle that fades in and out, and manages to play until your page is done loading, then it goes away. this seems a bit more complex than Xara's native animations, unless there are some tricks I don't know about.
    I can't answer for Cliff but the way I'd do it was to place a small 'loading.gif' on the page (less than 2Kb's) then place any larger image above it. The loading gif will load fast and when the image above is loaded it will sit above and hide the loading gif.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I can't answer for Cliff but the way I'd do it was to place a small 'loading.gif' on the page (less than 2Kb's) then place any larger image above it. The loading gif will load fast and when the image above is loaded it will sit above and hide the loading gif.
    Egg... you can answer for me anytime... feel free... yes Braden, Xara can't / doesn't have an animation that is/can be continuous. So... Egg gave you the answer....

not sure what changes were made since your OP
    loaded 6 secs for me
    I thought the sight looked ok - especially for its intended audience
    it was informative
    I would make a suggestion
    your top sticky nav section - sits on a semi-transparent background
    so when your 'other words' slide under it - it looks jumbled
    I would make the top background solid color

Name:	2019-12-02 06_15_39-Pilgrim Way Construction - Home.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	125812
    also
    the portfolio page was empty
    (no header menu -- just copyright on the bottom)

Duly noted. The portfolio page has been done away with. I like Flat color better as well, thanks for the suggestion!

I'd say the site is finished and fully functional! Thanks, everyone!