Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FTP Error: Failed sending data to the peer

Help Please! I am not able to publish my site. The upload process takes about an hour and a half, and then I get this error message. I work for a City, and our IT Dept. was not able to troubleshoot the issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara error.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	125059

Default Re: FTP Error: Failed sending data to the peer

I have no idea what this means.

Are you publishing to the correct address? Most web hosts require you publish to a specific sub folder, something like public_html.

Also, you can try publishing to a folder on your desktop. Then using a 3rd party FTP (Filezilla for example) to upload the entire contents of the folder to your web host.

one of those 'unhelpful' error messages that basically means 'sorry no can do'

in addition to what Gary suggests check your login details, and that https is set up correctly if you are using this; also proxy if using one

it may be a server-side issue
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Currently trying to publish to my desktop so that I can upload with Filezilla. I really have no idea what I am doing, this is all new to me. I've tried contacting Xara support through their online request form, but haven't heard anything. I did call ipower to make sure I have all of the publish details correct. What's strange is that I have been publishing the same website for years, and now all of a sudden I am running into this issue.

you might also check to see if you have sufficient space on your hosts server - you should be able to do this with filezilla - and of course that you are uploading to the correct folder
    Nothing lasts forever...

This may be a silly question, but how do I publish the site to my desktop in order to be able to upload with filezilla? Here's what I'm currently looking at.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filezilla.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	125106

publishing your site to your desktop will need to be done from within xara - you can then upload it to your host server with filezilla
    Nothing lasts forever...

as far as I know that means exporting it to HTML, but it is not something I am familiar with
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Lmag View Post
    This may be a silly question, but how do I publish the site to my desktop in order to be able to upload with filezilla? Here's what I'm currently looking at.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	filezilla.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	125106
    @handrawn - Sorry, never publish to your Desktop as one day you will and overwrite the actual site files you had and not the test garbage.

@Lmag - Always create a new folder and Export Website to that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you are the expert acorn - that is why I qualified it to export - sorry for any confusion
    Nothing lasts forever...