Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lost pasteboard background layer

Hi folks, probably a very simple answer but I have lost the pasteboard layer on my index page somehow. I haven't deleted it (to my knowledge) and a recent upload of the site has had all sorts of weird ghost like things appearing on what should be the pasteboard layer. Forms that are no longer used. I have tried in vain to track down where they are coming from and can only assume it is due to the missing pasteboard layer.

Also cannot find how to re-instate the layer.

Help! as usual being driven mad by by the little things in life

Ken

Default Re: Lost pasteboard background layer

Ack!

What happens if you copy the home page (right click on the pasteboard area and select Copy Page) and then paste it into a new web document?

Ken, I have to assume all this is what you are seeing on your published site.
    Don't touch your design file before you purge your browser cache with Ctrl+F5.
    To test, use a different browser or get give us a link to check.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Gary thanks for response. Copy and paste to new document comes out with no pasteboard image just page background. Strange it seems to have vanished. I have even tried copying the pasteboard from anothe page on the website but to no avail.

ken

Do you see a Background Layer in the Page & Layer gallery?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Page & Layer Gallery.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	125054  

Hi Acorn have done all that and just launched in ms edge but if anything it's worse. Have purged,reloaded and cleared browser cache and even entered site through google business rather than search but still the same.
    http://www.cradleyvillagehall.org.uk/#xl_xr_page_index

Ken

Gary as said it has disappeared(or deleted by me unknowingly) and is on all other site pagesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	talk graphics 1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	125055

Ken

Ken, it looks more like some code in a Placeholder is not terminated properly.
    Without a copy of your design file, I am guessing.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I see a Jot Form on a layer behind the page. I see it in all pages. I wonder if you added the Jot Form widget to the background layer? It would not be the first time, it is almost an initiation rite.

See if you can find the Jot Form widget and cut and paste it to another page for safe keeping and try to delete it from all pages.

Then see if the site works.

I thought I had I cracked it guys (more luck than judgement). I was hunting for this old form which was deleted from the site some time ago without success. I right clicked on the background layer and gave it a colour and it appeared in the layer gallery. Great I thought cracked it it looks good on local viewing. All ok I thought and uploaded the site to the server. Unfortunately it started playing up on loading wit an extended loading time. Cleared cache in browser (google) but site graphics are shrunk to a small central area and resize when site refreshed but reverts whenever the site is scrolling.

Cannot find the intrusive form anywhere even viewing and searching in wire frame view. This is starting to dive me nuts.

Ken