Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer can't display correct on large monitor. Display Scaling cant be disabled

For anyone using a large monitor, which in my case is either a 2K monitor with 2560x1440 resolution OR an HD 23 inch monitor with 1920x1080, Web Designer premium 16 is still not usable.
    Right click the exe file for properties (windows 7) and where the section is for 'Compatability' and then Setting, all the settings are not selectable, they are greyed out.
    Anyone with a large monitor who does not change display scaling will find a horrible blurry interface when Web Designer is running with large fuzzy text.
    As with all software not natively written to perform on high dpi monitors, the only usual way is to solve this is go to the afore mentioned settings and tick 'disable display scaling on high dpi monitors'.
    This will give you smaller sharper text and sharper graphics.
    When I contacted Support all they could suggest was to change the overall windows display scaling to compensate BUT this will then ruin the look for everything else that is working. All I want is the software I bought to run on windows 7 using either of the two monitor sizes I mention.
    I did suggest to support that they compile a 'manifest' file that can be placed in the same root folder where Xara Web Designer application resides. I have seen examples on the internet but not confident enough to try and write one. Thought it would have been a simple task for the development team but after waiting nearly a month and getting replies saying we are looking in to it, they closed the ticket. So no solution!!
    Surely I am not the only one using a decent size resolution monitor and there must be plenty of customers frustrated at the user interface of Web Designer.
    Does anyone else out there have any other solutions or perhaps written their own manifest file that could be shared?

Default Re: Web Designer can't display correct on large monitor. Display Scaling cant be disa

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I guess at least one option is to upgrade to Windows 10. According to Wikipedia:

Windows 7 was released to manufacturing on July 22, 2009 and became generally available on October 22, 2009....
    I have been using Windows 10 (Released July 2015) for almost 4 years and I have not had any problems. It seems fairly stable.

Default Re: Web Designer can't display correct on large monitor. Display Scaling cant be disa

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

I guess at least one option is to upgrade to Windows 10. According to Wikipedia:

I have been using Windows 10 (Released July 2015) for almost 4 years and I have not had any problems. It seems fairly stable.
    Thanks for your input.
    Apparently even going to Windows 10 doesn't solve the display problem unless the software was written to perform on high dpi monitors.
    Windows 10 is certainly better for high dpi monitors generally as the core system sorts it self out better than windows 7.
    As I mentioned, for windows 7 you need to know how to change the settings in properties of the EXE file, so it can be made to disable display scaling. Unfortunately some software, including Web Designer, doesn't have the settings available.
    I don't really think there is anyway around this unless Magix change the software but I was wondering how others are managing on high dpi large screen monitors.

I seem to remember Rob saying this was in the pipeline but that could be a long, long time.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

can't speak for WD but no issues at all with designer pro and 27 inch 2560 x 1440m 2K monitor [at 100% windows scaling] - no need to adjust program compatibility settings
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

@ egg - think that was 4K montors ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

There was a post about this just a few days ago. https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ady-quot/page2