Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: XaraXine email

Default XaraXine email

Anybody else unexpectedly receive a XaraXine email today? It looks like it’s issue three already. I think the first two must have gone in the spam! In fact I don’t remember there being much of a fanfare about its launch or anything. Is it the new ‘Outsider’? I don’t know why the images wouldn’t display, they do for most emails.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraxine.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	125025
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Default Re: XaraXine email

I think this is being handled by Magix now.

AFAIK these are for xara cloud only - in which case they may not have been farmed out to magix - there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom, the emails are generated by intercom-mail which is a messaging platform

whether images download [display] is down to the settings of your email client I would have thought

they display ok for me in outlook, but since my office outlook is set to default in this regard I may have given specific permission in the past [downloading images in a spam email can be a security risk, hence the default setting, but these should be trustworthy]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

1. XaraXine is a new monthly newsletter coming directly from Xara with a primary focus on Xara Cloud. However, there might be an update or two regarding the Desktop products, especially regarding how the total Xara solutions can be used together for offline/online creation, collaboration, and other features on the roadmap. Stand-alone Xara Desktop sales and marketing is done by Magix today.
    2. We use a product called Intercom for communicating and interacting with users. Today we use it for email and in-product + website chat. So far, we've have good success with it.
    3. XaraXine has nothing to do with Magix. It's 100% Xara.

Hope you enjoy more content from us.

Best,
    Matt

thank you matt for the clarification
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks all for responses and info. I actually do most of my reading of emails on either an iPad or Android phone using Yahoo's dedicated email app. Neither will display the images for this particular message even though they are both set to do so. The default iPad 'Mail' does though, so it must be just be a Yahoo thing!
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022