Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: After SO MANY negative reviews of XWD anyone here have anything positive to say?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    My apologies TDolce. I guess I can become defensive about something that have given me a great tool to develop my business and skills. Also I got defensive because in the past there were many who just criticized the program and never delve deep into it or used it to its full capacity. Again I am not saying this directed to you, but overall Xara gets shit on all the time and I too do admit a few times I get mad when updates and features are left ignored. So once again my apologies.
    Hey,..no problem at all. You are passionate and it's actually GREAT to see that! If a program is doing everything you need and it's working for you,..you should be passionate about it. I use Xara Designer Pro10 and I get ridiculed for it every day by my peers.

As for the program getting an unfair shake at times,...you are SPOT ON! I remember building a pretty nice web page for a client (with XWD 9 Premium) and they were very happy with it! Then months later when they had one of their tech guys chat with me and asking what I used to build it, it was followed with snickering and dismissive undertones. I was thinking to myself, "What the heck, it got the job done, your own team loved the results and it works!" Those kind of situations perplex me! This happened on a few more occasions before I got out of that web design arena and
    refocused my effort on Graphic Design.

Oh,...and by the way,...I still use Xara Designer Pro X10 for the bulk of my design work! I guess I'm supposed to be ashamed of it because my peers always ask me why I don't use Illustrator more. I tell them,...I DO you use Illustrator,..but when I need to get something done and done with more efficiency, I go to what I know more; Xara Designer.

As for your passion, I'm with ya,..I have it too!

Peace!

Default Re: After SO MANY negative reviews of XWD anyone here have anything positive to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    TL;DR -

I look forward to a potential adaptive website delivery in v17. i look forward to better HTML code around text blocks. I look forward to a price drop in the Update Service to reflect actual delivered benefit. I look forward to reduced product fragmentation. I look forward to fuller Xara (and Magix) engagement with its loyal customer base.

Acorn
    Thank you Acorn! I may try V17 when and if it hits the market but only recently have a few requests come to me with web design opportunities. I'm a cartoonist and graphic designer at heart and therefore the WYSIWYG concept has always attracted me. I do always want to "push" the boundaries a bit using some customization with some of my albeit limited coding knowledge and any improvements in that capability in Xara WD would be most welcome.

I've always respected the web developers out there with their coding and programming prowess but sometimes would like to see that respect shared in a reciprocal fashion and extended to designers as well in that arena.

A friend was asked by some C+ programmers, what he programmed in, he said "Visual Basic" ... ridicule ... he followed that up with "of course, when I need real speed, I drop straight into assembly language" ... No more ridicule.

The moral ... Use whatever works to get the job done in the most efficient way.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.