Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Able to overscroll page beyond footer

I have been using xara web design since it introduced. And in all of those years I finally was unable to fix an issue. Currently a recent website I am building and launched a demo for internal viewing. I noticed that I was able to scroll the home home page beyond the footer? All of the other pages are working ok. I have no idea how to fix it. I really need someone help on this one

Default Re: Able to overscroll page beyond footer

Never noticed that before, can you check if the dotted line indicating the bottom of your homepage is really just below the footer? It sounds like it's further down than it should be, making it possible to scroll further.

Yes! The dotted footer line is lined up with the bottom of the page.

The last few things I tried that did not work before reaching out was

1. Locking the page view
    2. Checked the auto-fit-to-page settings for footer the text and images
    3. Zoomed out to 25% to see if there was any images or text that might could cause this issue
    4 Created a completely new bank index page an moved the text and images manually.
    5. I am not a programmer, but have inspected several other websites source codes that I built using the same Xara Designer Pro X software to see if I there was something that looked odd or out of place.

Again nothing has worked which is limited to my scope of my knowledge! Not sure what to do?

Can you post a link to the site or the .xar or .web file for the page that is making this happen?

Did you add any layers?

My rough guess without your design file is you have code or Placeholders on the index page as this is always the busiest one.
    Bad coding could cause a page overrun.

Another possible is you may have Clip to Page edges off and a long thin line or transparent shape touching the page and reaching well below.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

RESOLVED !! I want to thank everyone for reaching out to help. But my hats off to Acorn when he mention "transparent shape touching and reaching well below" ! I remember copying and pasting both the Page Background and Pasteboard Background from a much longer page to the index page. So I deleted both and replaced them manually. ding..ding..ding.. that was it ! It worked ! Once again, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ricar View Post
    ...my hats off to Acorn when he mention "transparent shape touching and reaching well below" !
    ricar, only 'cos we've been there.

How many heads do you have?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes Acorn, what was I thinking? My first outreach for help after struggling with this issue for over 4 days; and resolved on the same day is Amazing! All I can say is [Message Received]

We volunteer members are here to help.