Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hamburger navigation

Hi,

I am using Xara Web Designer Premium 16, I'm a newbie using this tool but my question is: How can I create a fully animated "hamburger Navbar"?
    Is this even possible within this application? Also, why can't we adjust the color of the navbars that we import from the online catalogue?

Example: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_menu_icon.asp

Another thing i'm wondering is, are we able to add a check-out option with various payment options?

Default Re: Hamburger navigation

Semih, welcome to TalkGraphics.

You have more than one question here.

Q1: Hamburger NavBar --> Check over these: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Atal...+Navbar&ia=web. I particularly like my one: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...Vertical-Menu; it is a bit heavy as it uses JS and CSS and Placeholders...
    ...If you use the Xara approach of a NavBar, you only have the Hamburger icon and then are stymied with a limiting sub-menu selection.

Q2: It is possible --> In some many ways there is no really acceptable approach: code, Hamburger NavBar, Pop-up Layers.

Q3: NavBar colours --> You can adjust the NavBar colours. They Import with Themed colours that you can tweak through the Colour Editor.

Q4: Animated Hamburger to Cancel --> You can with a Web Animation.

Q5: Checkout is limited to the available Third Party Widgets in the Online content catalogue or again through Code and Placeholders.

If I may, start slow and build up you Xara skills before committing too much into a design. You can deliver incrementally and add new features progressively.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It must have seemed important enough for you to ask. You got a comprehensive answer in 30 minutes.

We are here to help follow up on any supplementary questions but in return we do like an acknowledgement of our supporting efforts.

Just a suggestion though.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn I admire your patience and level of kindness to help others, even though this topic has been raised a million times you still put in so much effort to answer the questions of new users. I really wish Magix would put together video tutorials on such topics. I know there are a few on the old Xara youtube channel.

I also suggested before to admin here that we should allocate a place for these kind of questions and that they should be sticky format. Gary or anyone else running this place can look into this idea once again.

Here is an old one from Xara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96euo0fr1tw

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Acorn I admire your patience and level of kindness to help others, even though this topic has been raised a million times you still put in so much effort to answer the questions of new users. I really wish Magix would put together video tutorials on such topics. I know there are a few on the old Xara youtube channel.
    I also suggested before to admin here that we should allocate a place for these kind of questions and that they should be sticky format. Gary or anyone else running this place can look into this idea once again.
    behzad, you are the kind one. I genuinely try to look at any question from the viewpoint of the questioner. My answer is usually backed up with web research and actual Xara testing. That is why I find Bugs in the applications; I even rework my own past examples. A lot of effort and therefore the occasional thank you or other TGer adding to and improving the answer makes it all worthwhile.

Acorn

Maybe the new member figured it out. Problem solved. Never returned. Just a hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Here is an old one from Xara

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96euo0fr1tw
    @behzad. Thanks! Actually an older one but the basics remain the same. I’ve subscribed to the you tube channel as well.
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Ironically as I sit here and look at these posts offering great support, I once again see (who I consider to be the best of the best in regards to knowledge and their generosity in sharing such) Acorn and Gary. You both have pulled my butt out of the fire on many occasions when I have found myself in a jam! AND you usually reply very promptly! I always try to say thank you in a quick follow up as well. It's just common courtesy. And just for kicks,...I will say it again to you both; THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by TDolce View Post
    Ironically as I sit here and look at these posts offering great support, I once again see (who I consider to be the best of the best in regards to knowledge and their generosity in sharing such) Acorn and Gary. You both have pulled my butt out of the fire on many occasions when I have found myself in a jam! AND you usually reply very promptly! I always try to say thank you in a quick follow up as well. It's just common courtesy. And just for kicks,...I will say it again to you both; THANKS!
    Much appreciated,

Acorn