Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation v16.2.1 Patch - bug coverage

Dear Xara...

In waiting three months for this patch, I was expecting something of substance in the bug fixes.
    I have rarely experienced any of this issues and if I had been asked I would have never included any in my top 20 necessary bug fixes.

For the future, would the reference number, its priority and date raised of all fixes be included in version notes?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: v16.2.1 Patch - bug coverage

+1
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

This patch was never supposed to be anything substantial, just to fix critical issues that were introduced from the previous patch. It was supposed to be delivered earlier but was unfortunately delayed. Whilst you may never of seen some of these bugs, they were very frequently reported over our other avenues of contact such as support.

I'm not going to give any more detail than a generic overview of what's been fixed. It's only a cause of complaint if users see a problem fixed that they themselves don't deem critical. We try to fix everything where possible, and sometimes that just has to wait for a major patch or release where we can spend more time on it and run longer testing cycles. We'd be releasing patches to fix the patches otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    This patch was never supposed to be anything substantial, just to fix critical issues that were introduced from the previous patch. It was supposed to be delivered earlier but was unfortunately delayed. Whilst you may never of seen some of these bugs, they were very frequently reported over our other avenues of contact such as support.

I'm not going to give any more detail than a generic overview of what's been fixed. It's only a cause of complaint if users see a problem fixed that they themselves don't deem critical. We try to fix everything where possible, and sometimes that just has to wait for a major patch or release where we can spend more time on it and run longer testing cycles. We'd be releasing patches to fix the patches otherwise.
    Rob, while I understand the pressures having been involved in technical delivery for much of my professional career, I find it disquietening that prior fixes appear to unravel so that I have to reprise all known fixes that have affected my prior designs, wasting my time. How can other vendors put version upon version out with minor, if any, impact with a regularity that defeats you. Magix delivery integration presents as appalling, the difference between version date and actual release. I hope Xara gains service credits where its third party service level agreements are broked.

Strong and stable,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat