I recently got a new computer and decided to get the latest version since it had been a few years.

I am confused and freaked out. There is no bitmap editor at all to start with, when you put a path to it into the options, it forgets it so you have to do it every time you load it up.

The behaviour of the bitmaps ... I have no words! I found a Youtube video that suggest to use the fill tool instead. I thought, I know how to get round this! I'll get a normal shape, group it with the bitmap, and it'll behave like normal, but no! Even in a group the bitmaps still do their own peculiar thing.

There are no effects AT ALL. There isn't even an effects button on the left side, and after searching through the menues I couldn't find how to put one there. I'm not talking photoshop plugins here, just like ... the HUE one, for example.

And to top it all, the basic bitmap editor doesnt have a TICK anymore to apply the adjustment to the image.

Oh yes, and it hard crashed 3 times out of the perhaps five times I've tried to make sense of this insanity.

Am I missing something???? What has happened?????

I'm used to using (old) Xara as my daily workhorse for everything from photos to artwork to social media and then some, I would really appreciate any help you could give me!