Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Transparent background

Gary, the op posted

I like to work on a transparent checkered background like in photoshop so when I export as photoshop there is no white in the file for the background.
    So the white page background was his problem. I suggested setting the page background to transparent. This appears to work.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

if you [import] open a psd into photoshop you will not get a white background unless it is in the file you [import] open - you do not get a default photoshop background layer - you get what is in the file
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

if you mean do this in xara why not just hide the background, or even better not include it in the export ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

Info Re: Transparent background

I am probably dense around this but if you make the Pasteboard patterned with a suitable Shape and the Page background 100% transparent, do you not get what you need?

Any export still has to be PNG > Full Colour plus Alpha.

Chequered Pasteboard.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ HD

if you mean do this in Xara why not just hide the background, or even better not include it in the export ?
    As I stated earlier I don't have Photoshop but surely the page background sets the page size. If I use A4 Landscape this sets the page size within PS Yes/No?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg

in photoshop there is only the image, there is no page background

the default layer of a new document is called 'background' and cannot have transparency - but once you have added a new layer which is transparent by default you can delete the 'background layer if you wish - similarly if you open a single layer image and you want to work on it with transparency you need to right click and select 'make layer from background' which effectively copies all to a new layer and deletes the original
    Nothing lasts forever...

When you export to PSD you have four options. If you have set your page up in layers, you can select export each layer as a PSD layer. And export visible objects or entire page area.

I used these options and each layer and layer name imported into Photoshop just as they are in Designer Pro.

yes
    Nothing lasts forever...

So to recap, if Behzad wants to send a Xara file as a .psd to his client without a white background he has two options:

1: To export at the size of the document in Xara, set the page background to transparent and set export to 'Whole Page'.

2: To export just the page content without a background, make the page background layer to not visible and select 'Export just Visible Object's.

I'm confused but getting there ?

So all the png options are unnecessary as are fake chequered pasteboards?
    Egg

Egg - This applies to Photoshop. If the page background is the default white, all objects will export with not background. I tried this with all the options and this is the case. If you add a color to the page, and export all objects on different layers, then the colored page exports as well but on a layer that can be deleted or made invisible.