Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Transparent background

I like to work on a transparent checkered background like in photoshop so when I export as photoshop there is no white in the file for the background.

Thanks.

Default Re: Transparent background

I did this using Designer Pro 16.2.

Have a look at the row of colours at the bottom. Now immediately to the left of where that row of colours start, there is an icon that looks like a small square with a diagonal criss cross pattern inside. It's between the colour picker and the colour pink selector. If you mouse over it, you get the small pop up "Set 'no color''"

Drag that icon to an empty area of your project and then the background will become transparent. Then, if you export your project as a PNG file, it will have an alpha channel. Check settings on the export dialogue box just to confirm.

I hope that is what you're after.

THank you for your help, yes, that works and so does exporting like you said as png with the settings transparent in the dialogue true color plus alpha and having a white background will also show up as transparent.
    but my client wants a transparent checkered background in photoshop. So she wants all the layers that are placed on the transparent background instead the white that xara uses.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alpha.png 
Views:	113 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	124947  

Yes that is what I did with exporting png. But what about photoshop export with a transparent background?

if you mean: 'does xara have an option to show the checkered pattern on the page area' the answer is no [but you can make one and use it as the page area background]

the checkered pattern is not part of the file in photoshop - it is simply the way the program indicates internally areas that are alpha [as is common in many other programs too]

if you mean something else then I am sorry, but it is not clear to me
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Okay my english sucks. Here it is again. I did my layout on a white background in Xara. Then I export it as photoshop file. I open in photoshop. Why the background is still white in photoshop and not transparent?

because you did it on a white backgrond and you exported that white background as part of the file I would guess

if it is on a separate layer in a psd you can hide that layer, but I am thinking here of graphics not websites you understand
    Nothing lasts forever...

I export to Photoshop as PNG, True Color + Alpha and it comes into Photoshop with the background gone.

I do this for print jobs. Then I save the images as TIFF with transparency and it works fine.

thats how I would do it too, except of course, if you need to preserve layers
    Nothing lasts forever...