Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Questions about variants and super sites

Hi everyone,
    I was feeling frisky and decided to try developing my site redesign as a super site (supersite?). But, of course, I have hit a snag.

First off, is it possible to create a mobile variant as a super site and the desktop variant as a regular site? This is my first time creating a mobile site. Or a super site for that matter.

I like the idea of mobile users being able to use the navigation menu or to simply swipe through the pages at their discretion.

The other question is about a navbar issue (which actually is a variant issue, too). On the desktop variant, one of the main buttons (Departments) was intended to link to a directory/landing page with links to all the individual department pages. This is the only button with sub-menus.

The reason for this design is to allow visitors who don't interact well with drop downs and sub-menus to go directly to a static page to find what they're looking for.

Designer Pro isn't having it. It tells me that (paraphrased) mobile users won't be able to access the sub-menu and no matter whether I click "ignore" it removes the link.

I am going to use the mobile variant which will have its own navigation so I'm not sure how to get around this in the desktop variant.

Thanks!

Default Re: Questions about variants and super sites

Just an answer to your first question - it is currently not possible to mix 'n' match Conventional and Supersites together across Variants in Xara v 6.2.
    You would have to create two separate sites and cross-link them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Questions about variants and super sites

Quote Originally Posted by unfaithfulsfan View Post
    The other question is about a navbar issue (which actually is a variant issue, too). On the desktop variant, one of the main buttons (Departments) was intended to link to a directory/landing page with links to all the individual department pages. This is the only button with sub-menus.
    Remove the NavBar entirely and replace each top level button with a similar simpler, rollover button instead with the same links.

For Departments, change this to open a pop-up layer showing a list of buttons to each department instead. Delete the static page.

This is far cleaner.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn!

Quote Originally Posted by unfaithfulsfan View Post
    Thanks, Acorn!
    Glad it made sense.

Acorn