Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Another Mock-Up Website For A Potential Customer...

Cliff, email back and say your other clients have new work so please can we shift Thursday's call to tomorrow as it must be important to you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Since I don't have the energy (anymore) to explain a 'vision', I go all out as much as I'm able to, and think of the 'mock-up' as THE website.
    I actually think of it as building the (final) site. It's gonna happen anyway right?
    Yes, indeed, but you can't expect the client to know what bits are still to be changed, but I have felt that pain myself.

Most of the time I'm lucky and I get positive responses... but sometimes, well, it just ain't gonna happen...
    Absolutely.

"Hi Cliff, can we talk about The Earth Is Worth Website late afternoon on Thursday of next week?"
    Can you believe that!!! Not even a polite "good job" or "thanks for what you've done so far"... NOTHING!!! I mean really!
    It's not an ego thing. It's just that a 'slight' recognition would be nice.
    Cliff, I have a client like that right now. I have more work planned with the client but I'm considering just stopping when the this current phase is completed. A sterile client can kill enthusiasm.

So I can't wait for that meeting next week... If I get serious/unreasonable flak from them... I'm well rehearsed and ready
    to tell them in a variety of different ways to "go and ________________!" And believe me, it will roll off my tongue quit easily...
    You might like to spend some time away from the job doing something else. I have yet to swear at a client or be antagonistic to them.

Find something else to do while you are waiting!

I know that for my clients what I do can very from being the most important thing for them, to being just a small cog in their otherwise busy life. When clients are busy with other things they can just take our work as just hired help and the best is to be expected for their dollar and in their timeframe not ours. In a way they are right.

Most of my clients wait for me, not the other way around!

Good luck.

Thanks Acorn/Pauland....

Yes... I'm really used to the way things work... so maybe I sounded a bit more ahhh... emotional about it then I really am... LOL

But yes, keeping busy with other work... got a call from a 'good' customer a couple days ago... they're headed to a trade show in NJ on Tuesday
    and needed a 36x48 poster and 2 flyers handouts done and ready for a 'quick' printing by tonight... (Sunday)

So it's done... it's approved and sent off to print and they will pick it up Monday evening when land in NJ... a happy customer and a happy me...

-----------

Here's the 36x48 poster... (the back & forth working mock - not the actually PDF obviously) There's quite a bit more content than a normal 'poster' would have...
    but they wanted/needed all the verbiage on it and my job was to make it look... well... not cramped... you know... white space and all that... LOL
    And this poster was scaled down to become one of the flyers...

https://assets.socialfuneralfunding....W_%20FLYER.pdf

And the other flyer they will be handing out...

https://assets.socialfuneralfunding....COMPARISON.pdf

Thanks all

Cliff

Oh.... please don't find anything wrong with it... (you know who I'm talking about) LOL They proofed it 10 times and said "it's a go." So it's on them, not me if any....?
    If you see something... do this 68yr old heart a favor... don't tell me...
    Last edited by cmpan1; 16 September 2019 at 12:40 AM. Reason: typo... as usual