Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Another Mock-Up Website For A Potential Customer...

Cliff, nice redesign for the Millennial page!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Cliff, nice redesign for the Millennial page!
    Thanks to you & Chris for the suggestion...

That one of the main reasons for me posting some of these jobs of mine here... always get great feedback & suggestions...

Thanks again Boy!

Cliff

I feel your pain! I'm working on a site redesign for my largest client and did several design mock ups to get input from the Board. I used some generic photos from over the years purely as examples. One of the trustees just would NOT let it go!

"I'm just not impressed with these pictures" "Why don't you have one of the new splash pad at such-and-such angle?"

Can't tell you how badly I wanted to scream "What part of effing "mock up" do you not understand?!?"

Hang in there!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unfaithfulsfan View Post
    I feel your pain! I'm working on a site redesign for my largest client and did several design mock ups to get input from the Board. I used some generic photos from over the years purely as examples. One of the trustees just would NOT let it go!

"I'm just not impressed with these pictures" "Why don't you have one of the new splash pad at such-and-such angle?"

Can't tell you how badly I wanted to scream "What part of effing "mock up" do you not understand?!?"

Hang in there!!!
    At least you got 'some' feedback.... I'm sitting on my thumbs after 2½ days work over MY weekend and have not even had a response... I sent them the link on Sat. Eve.
    It's a first for me... usually the client IS over engaged and drives ya nuts... now I have one under-engaged...

I love the process... HATE HATE HATE the business of it...

oh well, on that note... How's Buffalo doing?... I remember it from my Camp Drum days... (many moons ago)

regards
    Cliff
    Last edited by cmpan1; 27 August 2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: typos... (frustration) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    At least you got 'some' feedback.... I'm sitting on my thumbs after 2½ days work over MY weekend and have not even had a response... I sent them the link on Sat. Eve.
    It's a first for me... usually the client IS over engaged and drives ya nuts... now I have one under-engaged...

I love the process... HATE HATE HATE the business of it...

oh well, on that note... How's Buffalo doing?... I remember it from my Camp Drum days... (many moons ago)

regards
    Cliff
    LOL! Hmmm, I guess it actually could be worse!

Buffalo's great!! Lot of new development going on and population's actually on an upswing after God only knows how many years of decline. Who knows, maybe the Bills will have a winning season!

Ack. Arg. And Oy! (The Yiddish Oy, not the British oy) Yes, sometimes we want to grab the client by the throat and give HIM/HER a good shake.

I am completely amazed. Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by unfaithfulsfan View Post

Hang in there!!!
    Just saw this and actually I'm with the client on this one. Probably.

..not because you didn't use better pictures, but because we have some expectation that the client understands the process and has a clue what a mock-up is.

So, in this situation we smile sweetly and explain the process and reassure them that these are pictures that are likely to be substituted for better ones.

This is the danger of producing mock-ups/samples/prototypes that are close to the final product. I completely understand why clients think they are the final product if we don't go to great lengths to explain how they differ from the final product.

My clients can get annoyed with me because I often wouldn't submit testing versions in stages (it's because they then go on to tell me about changes I know need to be done but haven't done yet).

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Just saw this and actually I'm with the client on this one. Probably.

..not because you didn't use better pictures, but because we have some expectation that the client understands the process and has a clue what a mock-up is.

So, in this situation we smile sweetly and explain the process and reassure them that these are pictures that are likely to be substituted for better ones.

This is the danger of producing mock-ups/samples/prototypes that are close to the final product. I completely understand why clients think they are the final product if we don't go to great lengths to explain how they differ from the final product.

My clients can get annoyed with me because I often wouldn't submit testing versions in stages (it's because they then go on to tell me about changes I know need to be done but haven't done yet).
    Since I don't have the energy (anymore) to explain a 'vision', I go all out as much as I'm able to, and think of the 'mock-up' as THE website.
    I actually think of it as building the (final) site. It's gonna happen anyway right?

Most of the time I'm lucky and I get positive responses... but sometimes, well, it just ain't gonna happen...

The ONLY communication/reaction/response to this site/mock-up you see here is/was today... and it went like this...

"Hi Cliff, can we talk about The Earth Is Worth Website late afternoon on Thursday of next week?"

Can you believe that!!! Not even a polite "good job" or "thanks for what you've done so far"... NOTHING!!! I mean really!
    It's not an ego thing. It's just that a 'slight' recognition would be nice.

So I can't wait for that meeting next week... If I get serious/unreasonable flak from them... I'm well rehearsed and ready
    to tell them in a variety of different ways to "go and ________________!" And believe me, it will roll off my tongue quit easily...

Ahh... that felt good... a great place to vent Talk Graphics is... now for a 'spot of tea'... LOL