Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Another Mock-Up Website For A Potential Customer...

TIME TO VENT!

First part of the job was to (they asked) create/recreate their logo. (I'm already scared)

So I do. I send it to them. And here we go... they think they would rather use their logo (below)...
    The one their teen daughter made... in the 'Printshop' or something, which I thought was ok, I guess.
    Maybe a little childish/amateurish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	124934

Next. At their request, I do a website mock-up, pulling info from a terrible PPT presentation they had created... and include
    my redesigned the logo
    that I thought was a bit more professional. (didn't care that they wanted the other) I thought If they
    see the logo in context, they may change their mind... so I added it to the mock-up... and BAM!

"I think the simpler one (above) might be better... but we can talk about the one you made. We think it needs work."
    (but their daughters doesn't need work?)

And I have a feeling that they're gonna rip apart the the whole site and eat my heart out... because I sent it to them 10 hours
    ago and haven't heard a word yet regarding the site mock-up... other than just the damn logo! LOL

Hey... I might be wrong about everything... I always question my work and wonder if I'm the no-talent crazy one or are they are?
    I think that I'm gonna have to over-price them right out of my life... or, if they bite, I'll just breath deep and do what I gots to do!

So here's the mock-up.
    Last edited by cmpan1; 26 August 2019 at 04:27 AM. Reason: typos

Default Re: Another Mock-Up Website For A Potential Customer...

Damn it Cliff, I really want to find something I don't like about your sites but I never can.
    I always do the personal taste/subjective disclaimer thing, but your stuff always is to my taste.

Logo. Yes, I agree yours is cleaner, neater and far more professional, but having a daughter who scribbles as well, yours will never be as good in Mum and Dad's eyes. Of course my daughter would do a far better job than both of you, but that's another story.

My only whinge is the text box animation under Millennials Leading The Way. I find the sliding animation a distraction...but that's it. Maybe the text just looks plonked there? Not sure, I'm just trying to find something to point at and appear knowledgeable.

Very nice website! I like your logo better as well. As an argument to go for your logo: not only animals are worth being saved but plant life as well.

I agree with Chris that the one thing that could use some more work is the text box on 'Millennials Leading.' I believe it has to do with the square shape and the bulleted list that looks like something from a PowerPoint presentation. Perhaps you could use a series of small, colored boxes with larger type.

Thank you Chris & Boy... a little validation once in a while does a person good... so maybe I'm not nuts...

Oh! I'm gonna revisit that millennials page to think about and re-do that text box... thanks for the suggestions... it sort of bothered me too, but I couldn't put my finger on it....

Thanks again!

Cliff

You have matched your site colours with your logo; theirs would be somewhat duller. Also theirs is just the top showcase mammals.

I like the leafy outlines of the continents so I would include the foliage motif into them but a little less pronounced.

I think you need to have the dolphin swimming in and out of the plants and wording with a bit of tail flipper action for three rotations of the globe.

It'll only blow your budget by 60%, but hey "Millennials"!
    Millennials needs to be initial capital and capitalised throughout; you have a number of "millennials" examples.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Life is too short for client's like this. If it were me, I would refund the first 1/2 payment I require to start a project and move on. Have the daughter who designed the clever logo do the website. Everybody will be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I think you need to have the dolphin swimming in and out of the plants and wording with a bit of tail flipper action for three rotations of the globe.

It'll only blow your budget by 60%, but hey "Millennials"!
    Millennials needs to be initial capital and capitalised throughout; you have a number of "millennials" examples.

Acorn
    Acorn... LOL on you're Logo comments... If THEY... had suggested that, I would have packed it in...
    and thanks for the "Millennials" initial caps spot! I think I got them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Life is too short for client's like this. If it were me, I would refund the first 1/2 payment I require to start a project and move on. Have the daughter who designed the clever logo do the website. Everybody will be happier.
    Gary... I agree. But I'm so damn compulsive that I have to accept the challenge and fight on... (at least for a bit) Sometimes I get a surprise, sometimes not. If the 'not', then your suggestion is where I go with it... (The Daughter - LOL)

And 'Boy' & 'Chris'... I took your suggestion regarding the 'Millennials Leading The Change' section and 'boxed' the statements—thanks! I think it's better.

Cliff

the mock-up.

Cliff, small typo - ”The Earth Is Worth It’s” Advisory Panel should be ”The Earth Is Worth It”'s Advisory Panel.

I still don't get the 'Millennials Leading The Change' concept; are leading, ought to be, have been? all too hubristic and rich for me, who is almost millennial in actual years.

Acorn

P.S. The animated logo would be great for a Xara Challenge...
    ... takes the pressure off you and shows the Client that some professionals might know something about stuff. [Professional in the sense of being paid to do]
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks for sharing your mockup and experiences.

I also much prefer your version of the logo. In addition to including both fauna & flora, I think it's more global and less America centric.

A couple things I noticed:

- on the donations page, in the first bullet point (Zero Mass Water) should the 'TM' at the end of the word 'Hydropanel' be superscript?

- not sure what the general website convention is, but should the 2 (two) in the chemical formula CO2 be subscript?

- also would it be useful to link the climate change partners logos to their websites and perhaps also the advisory panel members?
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Thanks for sharing your mockup and experiences.

I also much prefer your version of the logo. In addition to including both fauna & flora, I think it's more global and less America centric.

A couple things I noticed:

- on the donations page, in the first bullet point (Zero Mass Water) should the 'TM' at the end of the word 'Hydropanel' be superscript?

- not sure what the general website convention is, but should the 2 (two) in the chemical formula CO2 be subscript?

- also would it be useful to link the climate change partners logos to their websites and perhaps also the advisory panel members?
    Thanks for your time and observations Jonopen.

As far as the text... just a copy/paste from their PPT slide... BUT WILL... save your observations and make recommendations to the client...
    And the links of the 'Partners' & 'Advisory' people... great idea. They didn't mention it yet. I'm sure it's comin'.

Thank you much!

Cliff