Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Smart Flow Line 1, 2, 3 and 4

in you video the status bar says your flow line is 'inactive' - not sure what that means - maybe it will ring a bell with someone else...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yeah, I can't figure out why either, and it's the same only with the four Smart Flow lines as far as I can tell. It's not like I don't know how to use XDP either, I've been using it since version 3 or 4 something like that. Maybe I need to reinstall the software.

Quote Originally Posted by viiartz View Post
    Yeah, I can't figure out why either, and it's the same only with the four Smart Flow lines as far as I can tell. It's not like I don't know how to use XDP either, I've been using it since version 3 or 4 something like that. Maybe I need to reinstall the software.
    inactive means you are trying to use a Smart Shape in a product that does not have the code to allow its smart use; it defaults to a dumb objects with no smarts.

What version did you get the line from and what version are you running with?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    inactive means you are trying to use a Smart Shape in a product that does not have the code to allow its smart use; it defaults to a dumb objects with no smarts.

What version did you get the line from and what version are you running with?

Acorn
    I've recently fresh installed XDP on a fresh install of windows 10 on a newly bought SSD. The version I'm running is Xara Designer Pro X 16.2.0.56957. I've not opened any old document. I've renewed my subscription as well so I have access to the latest update. So I'm not sure how or why I would NOT have "the code to allow its smart use".

How do I find out what version of the smart objects I'm using?
    Last edited by viiartz; 26 August 2019 at 05:33 AM.

FIXED! I downloaded XDP again and re-installed it. The installer removed the old version and installed the new version except that its the same version. Old version 16.2.0.56957 new version 16.2.0.56957. What was different is that I has to deactivate the PC the installation was running on before I could activate the software. Did that fix the issue? Don't know but the Smart Flow Lines are now working!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 023.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	124937

Thanks everyone who tried to help in one way or another!
    Last edited by viiartz; 26 August 2019 at 10:34 AM.

might have - I think I'm right in saying that there are restrictions on the availability of OCC items when running the program in 'trial' [not activated mode] - still it's fixed that's good
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by viiartz View Post
    FIXED! I downloaded XDP again and re-installed it. The installer removed the old version and installed the new version except that its the same version. Old version 16.2.0.56957 new version 16.2.0.56957. What was different is that I has to deactivate the PC the installation was running on before I could activate the software. Did that fix the issue? Don't know but the Smart Flow Lines are now working!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 023.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	124937
    viiartz, in hindsight, it might just have been that the prior install hadn't sorted out all the attached libraries. We usually advise running the application once as Administrator to sort such out. I am pleased you now have a working version.

Thank you for coming forward with the problem and your solution. Others will appreciate if they get into the same situation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

good point about the libraries...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Throughout the issue, my installation was activated. I was not running a trial version. Which added to the confusion.

Acorn, yep could have been also!