Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inspiration

Default inspiration

https://affinityspotlight.com/

the only thing I get from Xara these days are emails promising to make my life so much easier. enjoyable even. if only I would upgrade, but my actual life is not in that particular, or indeed, any cloud...

I love this stuff from affinity though, they know what they are doing....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: inspiration

They are marketing like they are in the 21st century.

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    https://affinityspotlight.com/

the only thing I get from Xara these days are emails promising to make my life so much easier. enjoyable even. if only I would upgrade, but my actual life is not in that particular, or indeed, any cloud...

I love this stuff from affinity though, they know what they are doing....
    DON'T DO IT - DON'T UPGRADE.
    I made that mistake.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

My recent post about the Gear-Config icon, is a prime example of how AD has tools to help the users.
    Many shapes to choose from and options to adjust in AD.

The Xara Shape tool has not really changed.
    A while back, stuff was added to the 'Shape' menu, but, are those shapes really that radical?
    Not in my opinion.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I can remember when xara came with a gallery full of excellent vector drawing examples - remember the watch, and the telescope, and so much more

despite what is said, xara seem to have given up on that

Nothing lasts forever...

MagiXara is rapidly becoming irrelevant, they need to shape up, or ship out in my opinion.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Post Re: inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    MagiXara is rapidly becoming irrelevant, they need to shape up, or ship out in my opinion.
    Yep, like Japanese bullet train,............................................ .................................................. .................

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    in a way that is the point - xara have 'shipped' to magix responsibility for the xara desktop marketing and everything has gone very quiet indeed

xara gmbh are responsible for the cloud app, but all I ever see is email ad hype, never any actual examples... maybe that is a result of it being a service...

currently on xara.com there is a statement that they are helping thousands of businesses 'work smarter' with just five examples one of which is Magix who, under the circumstances, probably would say that wouldn't they

and there are only three written endorsements one of which is from [you guessed it] Magix...

oh que si
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    currently on xara.com there is a statement that they are helping thousands of businesses 'work smarter' with just five examples one of which is Magix who, under the circumstances, probably would say that wouldn't they and there are only three written endorsements one of which is from [you guessed it] Magix...
    +1. It is nice to see someone else who can see through the hype.

I have been away for a few days. I still don't see the bug fix release promised over a fortnight ago.
    Was I dreaming?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Rob has just indicated in the thread that it has been held up at the, magix, testing stage [unless that is another patch and I have got the wrong one]

you are the mathematician - how many times does the chance of such increase, the more that different entities, no doubt with their own priorities, are involved ? [we have been assured that xara and magix are actually seperate entities]

that's probably best left rhetorical
    Nothing lasts forever...