Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pop-up Menu Issue: It's hiding behind the header, help me make it STOP!

@ Chris,

Why have the Mouse Over layer as there is no hover state with mobiles? Genuine question
    For some sites, I have a mobile menu visible all the time on the MouseOff layer; the button that refers to the page you are on takes the MouseOver state. In this instance, it works on Android and ios. Were the menu to be on a popup layer, Android ignores the hover, but ios can highlight the mouseover (first click) and requires a second click to access the page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190823-104351.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	124903

My suggestion therefore to Braden should not have suggested buttons with a MouseOver state. Apologies too, as the answer did not address the specific question, but provided alternative ways to create a mobile menu (of which there are many).

@Chris & Cliff,

Liked the work-around for animation on the popup layer, understood how you did it, but when I tried to create links for any of the buttons, they worked as expected on the MouseOff layer, but did not work when I transferred them (copy and paste) back to the popup layer. What step in the process have a missed. Thanks.

Gary

Default Re: Pop-up Menu Issue: It's hiding behind the header, help me make it STOP!

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    @ Chris,

For some sites, I have a mobile menu visible all the time on the MouseOff layer; the button that refers to the page you are on takes the MouseOver state. In this instance, it works on Android and ios. Were the menu to be on a popup layer, Android ignores the hover, but ios can highlight the mouseover (first click) and requires a second click to access the page.Gary
    Ah ha. I understand now.

Cliff's work around is to not add a transition effect to the layer, but to add a reveal effect to the sub menu itself. This can only be done on the mouse off, not in the layer itself. Adding the effect and then cutting/copying to the layer allows it to work for some reason.

Wonderful! It works now!

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Ah ha. I understand now.

Cliff's work around is to not add a transition effect to the layer, but to add a reveal effect to the sub menu itself. This can only be done on the mouse off, not in the layer itself. Adding the effect and then cutting/copying to the layer allows it to work for some reason.
    Could not have said it better myself Chris... And Yes,... no transitions to 'the popup layer'... or to any object inside the popup layer... No 'layer effects'. Only to the 'object' itself 'outside' of the popup layer... then... placed back to the popup...