Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to disable text in shape ?

Hey guys I am running into an XWPGD 15.1.0.53605 issue where i have say a rectangle and then click with the text in the box, and it highlights the object in a light green line. I don't know how to disable this, but from working for a long time on this, I never ran into it, until I got this installed on a new work computer. Is there a way to disable this behavior? If not, is there a way to remove the green line when mistakenly typing text "into" object?
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: How to disable text in shape ?

This is a screenshot from Designer Pro X 16.2 but I think it should be the same for you. I get this menu when I click the Text Tool cursor on a selected object or photo. You have the option of Text on Top which does not embed the text with the photo.

I am not sure if you can remove the text easily. But you can highlight the text with the text cursor and delete the text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Text inside out.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	124870  

Default Re: How to disable text in shape ?

I have 15.1 - I don't get that box, so I think it is ver 16 option

the way to pevent this is to make sure you do not have the object selected when you type over it so it does not happen

you can ctrl+z of course if you notice at the time

the green outline only persists if you have deleted all the text, as it is then in 'waiting' mode

right clicking and selecting 'convert to editable shapes' will remove the text inside feature, but I can't guarantee it won't do anything else as well.....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...