Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara V Wordpress for affiliate site

Hi all
    I have started making an affiliate site in Xara but it isn't going well. The idea is to sell boating books to boat enthusiasts through an affiliate scheme like Amazon or similar in order to leverage my knowledge of boats to earn a bit of extra money.

Poking about on the internet it seems people mostly use WordPress for this sort of project, possibly because there are so many add-ons, particularly SEO. I don't like WordPress - but maybe it has changed since I was last used it.

Do you think making a website with Xara will be a significant disadvantage in what is very likely a highly competitive (in terms of SEO) field? Are there good optimisation tools for Xara? I do appreciate that WP and Xara are different approaches.

Regards
    Paul

Default Re: Xara V Wordpress for affiliate site

Hi Paul,

I have been a affiliate marketeer for about 15 years. Making sites in old fashioned html, and a quite lot sites in Wordpress.
    If you want to build a website and want to make contact with prospective customers, then Wordpress offers the best options in my opinion. Xara can be useful for photo and graphics.

If you want to work with smaller websites without directly choosing the blog form, then you can work with the websites of Xara webdesigner, but do not want too much flexibility what marketers may need. Just restoring who comes in and still wants a reaction, being a marketer requires something else : numbers, numbers, numbers ;-)

In fact, if you are going to offer a lot of articles and possibly work with product data feeds, then you need additional software. For example, think of Price Tapestry. The maker - David - will be happy to help you well, is English.
    If you want to build a website and want to make contact with prospective customers, then Wordpress offers the best options in my opinion. Xara can be useful for photo and graphics.

If you want to work with smaller websites ( one page website ) without directly choosing the blog form, then you can work with the websites of Xara webdesigner, but do not want too much flexibility what marketers may need. Just restoring who comes in and still wants a reaction, being a marketer requires something else.

In fact, if you are going to offer a lot of articles and possibly work with product data feeds, then you need additional software. For example, think of Price Tapestry. The owner - David - will be happy to help you well, is English. https://www.pricetapestry.com/

translation by Google
    Last edited by dutchie; 21 August 2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Google made 2 times

I have used what comes with Xara, meta tags and ranked my clients websites on the first page. It is what you know and how you use it. Also SEO is not just about meta tags, content, social media, etc... I take on small clients that I work on their updates, this way I get it right the first time and there is no chance of them bastardizing the website. Depending on the project and what you take on, you may want to work with wordpress yes but it comes at a cost of you knowing coding and working with plugins and security issues etc.. I prefer Xara output and with the iframe you can do a lot too.

Thank you behzad & dutchie
    I am pleased that you consider a Xara - built website to be competetive in terms of SEO.

Kind regards
    Paul