Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara + 3D

Default Xara + 3D

I know it been a long while since I've posted anything. I don't get many opportunities to use Xara in my work but sometimes I do. I often use Xara to create SVG files that can be converted into 3D shapes in Maya, and use it to create height information for creating texture maps. I used Xara in this image to create the mask for the pattern on the top of the elevator and exported SVG files used to cut out the shapes in the wood on the two front panels. Wish I could use Xara more, but I try to work it into my workflow the best I can. Hope you enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theShiningElevator_01.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	124863   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	patternAlpha_sm.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	124862  

Rian

Default Re: Xara + 3D

Really great work Rian
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Nice pattern!

Quote Originally Posted by inabottle View Post
    I know it been a long while since I've posted anything. I don't get many opportunities to use Xara in my work but sometimes I do. I often use Xara to create SVG files that can be converted into 3D shapes in Maya, and use it to create height information for creating texture maps. I used Xara in this image to create the mask for the pattern on the top of the elevator and exported SVG files used to cut out the shapes in the wood on the two front panels. Wish I could use Xara more, but I try to work it into my workflow the best I can. Hope you enjoy.
    Thanks !
    Rian

Very nice work Rian!

Hope you modelled a lot of red blood cells for the next scene!

Marc

Very nice Rian, I like the way you used those shapes into this images.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Nice work, Rian. I like your designs.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Nice work, Rian. I like your designs.
    Yes yes it has! I've been all over the place!
    Rian

Quote Originally Posted by inabottle View Post
    I feel you. I often have to deal with other artists using the Adobe suite, so I do as much as I can on my end to do file conversions so I can keep using Xara as much as I can. Often I end up using PDF format since it also deals with vectors and can be imported into Illustrator and/or Photoshop. I do have to limit what kinds of Xara features I can use (for instance, masking shapes often don't work the same in Illustrator as Xara, especially when using strokes), so I do have to make some concessions.

Either way, that's a really creative use of Xara and it looks really nice. Are you saying that's a 3D image or is that a photo? If it's 3D it's ridiculously convincing!
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com