Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Update service

Default Update service

I have Xara Pro 16.2, and i being told the update service ends on 22nd of september i look to see how much to update it and it like £30 odd quid this cant be right surly i dont see why you should have to pay each year - or have i got this wrong
    Last edited by Jack Terrier; 20 August 2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Should have read £30 not £0

Default Re: Update service

I am almost 100% certain it is wrong. But, hey, stranger things have happened. Maybe this is part of a new member appreciation program? Nah!

OTOH If it says £0 give it a try. What have you got to lose?

I have corrected my error

Too good to be true?

The £0 yeah - but no the other price is a bit silly - guess its just my opinion

Jack, at a £35 upgrade, you do not have a Xara Pro (Xara Designer Pro X) offer; you state in your TG Profile you have XWDP (Xara Web Designer Premium).

New XWDP is £50, so your upgrade offer is 70% of new!
    New XDPX is £129 with upgrade of £69 (53%).
    For what we get in a year, both are over the top.

In passing, the New XDPX price seems to have been lowered.

All these upgrades are telling me is skip two years of subscription for XWDP and one year for XDPX.
    It is taking Xara almost a year to rectify bugs introduced in in v16.0 onwards; v16.3 was promised for late last week and is still not here.
    Having a fallow year allow me to better understand what I have and what works and not spend time fighting back bugs. By all means buy in if there is an exciting new feature but its bedding in may be a long time.

@MagiXara - get real.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Your right, i do have premium - i must had had Pro on the mind or was destracted while writing the original post, so what your saying it`s best to leave it for a year?