Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Presentation Panorama Problem

I'm still working on a largish presentation containing an interactive panorama. www.acdv.eu/tretchy/index.htm
    The web version works fine, the panorama being on page 16. (2nd step click on Huonville)
    However if I try to run it from the PC because there is little coverage up in the mountains (all the files are in the same folder) The panorama does not show in Google Chrome but works fine with Microsoft Edge. Is this a Chrome or Xara problem ? The panorama was made with Pano2VR.
    Probably related... If I try to preview the entire presentation within Xara the panorama only shows immediately after I have exported the presentation. If I then close and reopen Xara without changing any files the panorama page will not show !

I am somewhat puzzled, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Zap

Default Re: Presentation Panorama Problem

Why not use the web version on your PC. Export the presentation to a folder on your, say, desktop and double-click the index.htm file. It will then show in your default browser.

Hi Boy,
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't work ! that was my original idea and why I am asking for help!
    There must be a solution out there somewhere... musn't there ?
    Heres hoping

Zap

Sorry if I misunderstood you but you wrote that it works in Edge. So, why not open the local (on your desktop) index.htm file in Edge?

Hi Boy,
    You are quite correct and I suspect that this is what I will do, although I did forget to put in the word sometimes ! I will have to turn up early, go through the routine a few times until I get lucky and it works! I don't understand the hit and miss element...
    Can't believe that I am the only person to have come across this anomaly !
    Suppose we just have to say that there are worse things happening elsewhere and move on !

Zap

In case the panorama won't play from within the presentation, perhaps you could put a copy on your desktop as well. That way you could minimize the presentation for a moment, play the panorama and return to the presentation.

By the way, I've had hit and miss experiences as well, primarily with embedded videos. Is that also the case on pages 49 and 50? There is sound but the images are black.

I find the presentation very creative and really enjoyed watching it (although I missed the link between John and Vladimir). I'm sure your audience will be thrilled to be taken on this epic family journey through time.