Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Presentation Panorama Problem

I'm still working on a largish presentation containing an interactive panorama. www.acdv.eu/tretchy/index.htm
    The web version works fine, the panorama being on page 16. (2nd step click on Huonville)
    However if I try to run it from the PC because there is little coverage up in the mountains (all the files are in the same folder) The panorama does not show in Google Chrome but works fine with Microsoft Edge. Is this a Chrome or Xara problem ? The panorama was made with Pano2VR.
    Probably related... If I try to preview the entire presentation within Xara the panorama only shows immediately after I have exported the presentation. If I then close and reopen Xara without changing any files the panorama page will not show !

I am somewhat puzzled, any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

Zap

Default Re: Presentation Panorama Problem

Why not use the web version on your PC. Export the presentation to a folder on your, say, desktop and double-click the index.htm file. It will then show in your default browser.

Hi Boy,
    Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't work ! that was my original idea and why I am asking for help!
    There must be a solution out there somewhere... musn't there ?
    Heres hoping

Zap

Sorry if I misunderstood you but you wrote that it works in Edge. So, why not open the local (on your desktop) index.htm file in Edge?

Hi Boy,
    You are quite correct and I suspect that this is what I will do, although I did forget to put in the word sometimes ! I will have to turn up early, go through the routine a few times until I get lucky and it works! I don't understand the hit and miss element...
    Can't believe that I am the only person to have come across this anomaly !
    Suppose we just have to say that there are worse things happening elsewhere and move on !

Zap

In case the panorama won't play from within the presentation, perhaps you could put a copy on your desktop as well. That way you could minimize the presentation for a moment, play the panorama and return to the presentation.

By the way, I've had hit and miss experiences as well, primarily with embedded videos. Is that also the case on pages 49 and 50? There is sound but the images are black.

I find the presentation very creative and really enjoyed watching it (although I missed the link between John and Vladimir). I'm sure your audience will be thrilled to be taken on this epic family journey through time.

Hi Boy,

Many thanks for your encouraging comments on the presentation. There are a few places where information may appear to be lacking. This is because I am planning to be a little theatrical at these points showing and talking using real artifacts. The John link is one such incident. Way back in december 1961 my parents received a large flat parcel from South Africa. It was an original Tretchikiff print. The Penny Whistlers 1.2m x 0.6m! My parents were a little surprised and shocked but hung the christmas present on the staircase landing. Thus I could say goodnight to the chaps as I went to bed every night for the next 8 years !

Back to the presentation problems... Last week was rather hectic, I created a new layer on top of all the existing steps and placed two large transparrant rectangles on it, one to the left of the screen the other to the right. The idea was to use these a trigger points for an air-mouse to enable me to control the presentation whilst strolling around. Powerpoint presentation pointers only allow page control and not step change. The results were not satisfactory, working on some pages and not on others, I will remove them when I get a chance. Another possible cause of problems is that last week I upgraded (?) to Xara 16... This seems to have had a negative efect on some of the placeholder video locations... .
    Strangely enough it is working fine on my smartphone but the PC version has gone to pieces !

Sorry to have taken so much of your time but I felt it was best to keep you in the picture

Hope you have a good weekend

Zap

Thanks for connecting the dots, Zap, sounds like the presentation will be even more captivating and fun than I already thought. I hadn't heard of Vladimir Tretchikoff but I like his style.

If you've too many problems with version 16, you might want to go back to the previous version you used, provided you have it still installed on your computer and had Automatic Backups activated (Utilities/Options/Backups). If so, perhaps you can use the latest saved backup as restarting point.

Hi Boy,

Thanks for your kind reply, yes I still have version 15 on the machine. They have identical icons and it could be that there has been a bit of unwanted mixing and matching.
    All being well I will have some free time next week and hope to have a serious attempt at getting it sorted.

I am planning four optional appendices to follow the presentation if the audience is interested. 1,Lenka the end of the story. 2, The Dying Swan. 3, Current Russian attitudes to Tretchikoff. 4, The Tretchikoff Foundation.

The presentation will be the first friday of a month, certainly not September !

Regards

Zap

Good luck! I'm sure it will be a success.