Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Member Login

Default Member Login

I have built a public website. I need to add a member login that allows employees to create their own personal password so they can access specific employee information. The public will not have access to this area. Is this done by using a widget from "like" Jotform or is this done from the Hosting provider? Any direction is appreciated.

Default Re: Member Login

I did a quick search for Password Protect. Here is a link to the results. Have a look through these and I think you will find a variety of solutions. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=password+p...&t=ffsb&ia=web

This is one of the features offed by XT-CMS. I can't recommend or vouch for it. I have been reviewing it for potential use. I have loaded on my server to test. Maybe a bit pricey just for the login function but there may be enough other benefits to justify for your use. Just released a new version with updates and enhancements.

https://www.xt-cms.com/

eric

xtom who is a member of TalkGraphics and a Xara users developed XT-CMS. So I am confident it will work well with Xara and if you have any issues Tom will help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    xtom who is a member of TalkGraphics and a Xara users developed XT-CMS. So I am confident it will work well with Xara and if you have any issues Tom will help you out.
    Hey Gary,

Not sure if that was directed at me or the original post. I have visited his site a number of times over the past years. Finally loaded the demo on my server to give it a try. There are several functions that could enhance some of my clients websites built with xara. Don't have a specific project today, just exploring. Another benefit that caught my eye was the ability to also work with WYSIWYG Web Builder, the other software I use.

Although I can't personally vouch for it (yet?) thought it was worth suggesting.

You also need to bear in mind the data protection acts here
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi,

I have used with success the following relatively simple and inexpensive PHP script, namely 'PHP-SecureArea' (https://www.withinweb.com/phpsecurearea/index.php). To use it with Xara, first create a not protected landing page and publish it, and then create a separate protected set of pages as a new site in a new folder. Personally, I have not integrated the user admin part of PHP-SecureArea into Xara-made pages, instead I have used just HTML pages for this purpose. But they can be integrated into a frame for a more seamless look (PHP-SecureArea has quite simple HTML coded pages that are suitable for this kind of integration). Furthermore, PHP-SecureArea supports Paypal for selling access, but you can use it for free sites and for collecting personal data. The admin part makes it quite easy to control and restrict access. The PHP code is relatively easy to modify.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliefan View Post
    I have built a public website. I need to add a member login that allows employees to create their own personal password so they can access specific employee information. The public will not have access to this area. Is this done by using a widget from "like" Jotform or is this done from the Hosting provider? Any direction is appreciated.