Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: WOW Slider

Default WOW Slider

I build a website with Xara Web Designer Premium 15, and I need to know if is possible put in my project an slider build with Wow Slider.

And this not possible, is possible include differents animations to the images?

Thanks

Default Re: WOW Slider

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You can create a slide show in Wow Slider and add it to your Web Designer page using a Placeholder.

Publish your slideshow to a folder (I like to have the folder on my desktop because it is easier to find)

Then you create a placeholder which is a simple rectangle the same size as the slide show.

Open the index.html file increated with Wow Slider in Wordpad and there will be a head section and a body section with comments indicating what needs to be copied.

Copy the HEAD portion from the index.html then select the placeholder rectangle and click the Placeholder tab in the Web Properties, click the Replace with HTML Code HEAD button and paste the copied text.

Do the same for the Body portion.

When you publish the website, you need to upload the two folders that Wow Slider creates to your root directory (the same directory that the your website is published to.

This is a lot of information. If this is not clear I will try to give you more detail.
    Gary W. Priester
    Mr. Moderator Emeritus Dude
    , Sir

gwpriester.com | eyetricks-3d-stereograms.com | eyeTricks on Facebook

It may help to you show 3 summary steps in pictures and to cover the 'must do's': Here first is a working example https://theparsonage.co.uk. This works for desktop and mobile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOW Slider ONE.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	124852

Name:	WOW Slider TWO.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	124853

Name:	WOW Slider THREE.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	124854

Must Do 1: Every slider must have its own unique ID, 1, 2, 3 etc. You cannot copy and paste (or share) sliders with the same ID across variants.

Must Do 2: I have found you cannot mix and match Xara image slider widgets with WOW sliders on the same page.

Must Do 3: You cannot use the Xara Video Widget on the same page as a WOW slider. Alternative code I use, seems to be far more efficient anyway:

HTML Code:
    <style>
    * { box-sizing: border-box;}
    #myVideo{
      position: absolute;
      width: 100%; 
      height: 100%;
    }
    </style>

<video controls autoplay muted id="myVideo">
    <source src="Parsonage2019.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    </video>
    I have found the WOW sliders fun to work with; the real upside is they are touch-sensitive so you can manually scroll them too.

Gary

This was excellent guidance. Thank you.

A lot of challenging issues are solved by x builder.
    https://xaratemplates.com/x-builder-2022/
    Creative Art Director/Owner
    www.designfacet.com

Xara Designer Pro V19