Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW Slider

Default WOW Slider

I build a website with Xara Web Designer Premium 15, and I need to know if is possible put in my project an slider build with Wow Slider.

And this not possible, is possible include differents animations to the images?

Thanks

Default Re: WOW Slider

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You can create a slide show in Wow Slider and add it to your Web Designer page using a Placeholder.

Publish your slideshow to a folder (I like to have the folder on my desktop because it is easier to find)

Then you create a placeholder which is a simple rectangle the same size as the slide show.

Open the index.html file increated with Wow Slider in Wordpad and there will be a head section and a body section with comments indicating what needs to be copied.

Copy the HEAD portion from the index.html then select the placeholder rectangle and click the Placeholder tab in the Web Properties, click the Replace with HTML Code HEAD button and paste the copied text.

Do the same for the Body portion.

When you publish the website, you need to upload the two folders that Wow Slider creates to your root directory (the same directory that the your website is published to.

This is a lot of information. If this is not clear I will try to give you more detail.

It may help to you show 3 summary steps in pictures and to cover the 'must do's': Here first is a working example https://theparsonage.co.uk. This works for desktop and mobile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOW Slider ONE.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	124852

Name:	WOW Slider TWO.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	124853

Name:	WOW Slider THREE.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	124854

Must Do 1: Every slider must have its own unique ID, 1, 2, 3 etc. You cannot copy and paste (or share) sliders with the same ID across variants.

Must Do 2: I have found you cannot mix and match Xara image slider widgets with WOW sliders on the same page.

Must Do 3: You cannot use the Xara Video Widget on the same page as a WOW slider. Alternative code I use, seems to be far more efficient anyway:

HTML Code:
    <style>
    * { box-sizing: border-box;}
    #myVideo{
      position: absolute;
      width: 100%; 
      height: 100%;
    }
    </style>

<video controls autoplay muted id="myVideo">
    <source src="Parsonage2019.mp4" type="video/mp4">
    </video>
    I have found the WOW sliders fun to work with; the real upside is they are touch-sensitive so you can manually scroll them too.

Gary

This was excellent guidance. Thank you.

A lot of challenging issues are solved by x builder.
    https://xaratemplates.com/x-builder-2022/

I am using a template that has a wow slider top of first page. I am trying to replace the photos by going to export.tmp page. I am replacing each photo with my own. I then go to preview (the entire site as needed) and all I have is a blank slider. There are no photos.
    I am not a website designer so don't know much about html, etc (why I am using wysiwyg )
    Thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by peaceinvt View Post
    I am using a template that has a wow slider top of first page. I am trying to replace the photos by going to export.tmp page. I am replacing each photo with my own. I then go to preview (the entire site as needed) and all I have is a blank slider. There are no photos.
    I am not a website designer so don't know much about html, etc (why I am using WYSIWYG )
    Thanks for any help!
    If you purchased this template from https://xaratemplates.com/ it will have an imbedded version of the WOW slider, not the full WOW slider app. From memory, this template has instructions on how to change the images which should be followed.

References to the images and their location are usually found by going to Web Properties > Page > HTML code (body): e.g.

Name:	WOW Slider - Location for Images.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	133266

With care! you can name your own images with the SAME filenames as those in the templates and this should work, making sure your own images are the same height and width.

However, assuming the instructions are in the template, this would be the best starting point.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Hi, Gary and thank you. The instructions in the template simply say to drag and drop your own image onto the images in export.tmp. I did that and that is when all images disappear. There is no information on going to the web properties where I do in fact find the images for wow slider. The new images are the same size however still don't show up.
    Sadly, I think I am going to try removing the wow slider from the template and replacing it with a slider from the content catalog.
    And yes, the template did come from xaratemplates.com
    Thanks again.

Not defeated here yet; can you copy and post your index page with the WOW slider in a new Xara file and upload to TG. It should be possible to fix if we can see how the template was constructed.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023

Quote Originally Posted by peaceinvt View Post
    Hi, Gary and thank you. The instructions in the template simply say to drag and drop your own image onto the images in export.tmp. I did that and that is when all images disappear. There is no information on going to the web properties where I do in fact find the images for wow slider. The new images are the same size however still don't show up.
    Sadly, I think I am going to try removing the wow slider from the template and replacing it with a slider from the content catalog.
    And yes, the template did come from xaratemplates.com
    Thanks again.
    Go to your export.tmp page.

Pick any image there.
    Open Utilities > Names.
    XaraTemplates.com uses an older method of labelling image filenames, which might be confusing you.

In my export.tmp page, the images have filenames set through the Names gallery to be a sequence of slick17-01, increasing the -01 to -02 and repeating and increasing for each new image.
    For mobile, there appears to be an m suffix.

To retain these values, you must drag your images from the Bitmap Gallery onto the XT image.
    This replaces it and keeps the Names intact.
    You can also Select XT image, right-click on the Bitmap gallery image and pick Apply as fill.

On the slider page, select the slider Placeholder and open into the HTML code (body).
    You will find a list of image Tags matching those in the export.tmp page.

You could change this list to any location and filename you like and the slider will still work.

I have WOW Sliders that stacks the images but the principle is the same across all the sliders.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat