Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Nav Bar with Link and Menu

Sue, Acorn is saying never to have a link on the menu item that leads to a submenu. If you want a link that leads to a similarly named page add it to the top of the drop down menu and add a separator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	124839   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	124840  

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sue, Acorn is saying never to have a link on the menu item that leads to a submenu. If you want a link that leads to a similarly named page add it to the top of the drop down menu and add a separator.
    Egg, this is it! Yes, it is easy, now that I see it! Thank you for the screen caps.

Thank you, Gary, and Chris too! It truly is a team effort! There's usually more than one way to accomplish something! I'm grateful for the valuable input. Can't thank you all enough.

Have a good night!

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Yes, you can do that.
    Great Job Braden! Feel free to do any "long-winded" videos (not really long-winded) anytime... there are/will be many many people who WILL appreciate what you offer...

You can ignore all the others. (No matter who they are!)

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    Great Job Braden! Feel free to do any "long-winded" videos (not really long-winded) anytime... there are/will be many many people who WILL appreciate what you offer...

You can ignore all the others. (No matter who they are!)
    Acorn's reference to 'long winded' was aimed at the warning notice, not Braden. He openly praised Braden for his contribution.

I'm currently cooking humble pie, would you like me to bake two?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Acorn's reference to 'long winded' was aimed at the warning notice, not Braden. He openly praised Braden for his contribution.

No Chris, just the one for yourself will do...

May peace be with you all.

Christ and cmpan1: I didn't know if Acorn was talking to me or not, so I thought it good to just apologize if I had caused any confusion.
    That is my favorite flavor of pie. Not because it tastes good, but because it nourishes the heart, and softens the soul even though sometimes it's hard to swallow.

hotrodsue: I'm very glad you were able to figure out your issue! I learned something new today, something I didn't even know was possible. Thanks for your question.

Egg: You and the many others who know Xara are what make this forum an invaluable resource. Thanks for the input.

Just a bit of ribbing Braden. I have many recipes for humble pie.

Smile Re: Nav Bar with Link and Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Acorn's reference to 'long winded' was aimed at the warning notice. He openly praised Braden for his contribution.
    Chris, thank you for coming to my defence and I now see Braden's concern: I was referring to the warning in Sue first Post, not Braden's that snuck in between my reply. My FLAME was to Xara about saying what was wrong but not being clear as to what the fix was. The Error pop-up would benefit from a link to the Help around NavBars.

Further thanks to all contributing TGers around how to "fix" NavBars for mobile use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat