Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default JotForm Problem Inserting

When I insert JotForm for into my web page it cuts off the bottom half of the form including but not limited to the Captcha and submit button. Anyone happen to know what I am doing wrong, if I pull down on the control handle it doesn't bring the rest of the form into view it only stretches what is already there. If anyone wants to look at it the address is www.flea-usa.com/addyourmarket/ Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Default Re: JotForm Problem Inserting

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I have no idea why this is happening but check back. I am sure one of the members will have some suggestions.

This seems to work but you have errors on the form:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Might I suggest a more toned down color for the placeholder Egg.

How did you get this from what Gypsyjoe posted?

Hi Gary, I always use Magenta for my placeholders for that the very reason. I would very rarely use it as a colour on any site. So when I see a Magenta rectangle I know it's a placeholder. I very rarely use the 'Regenerate the Place Holder as an Image' feature. It really slows down page rendering. Horses for Courses.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

GypsieJoe supplied the link http://www.flea-usa.com/addyourmarket/

The Xara page wasn't long enough to contain the form content. I just created a Xara page with a placeholder long enough to contain the whole form.

From his site I got the link to the jotform:

<iframe src="https://form.jotform.com/Gypsyjoe/add-your-flea-market

" width=100% height=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>

Egg

OK call me stupid but how do I make what you sent me a placeholder so that the form works? Like I said call me stupid, went to Xara help and lo and behold look for placeholder and help topic there just for the reading. Sometimes you just got to be smarter than yourself!!!!!!!!! Once again used what you sent me used placeholder and code you sent still same result for me yet I know you got it to work as you submitted a form to me so am just as confused as ever sorry.
    Last edited by Gypsyjoe; 16 August 2019 at 02:46 AM.

Egg's point was your page depth was not as deep as the placeholder so it was cutting off at the bottom of the page.

A placeholder is a simple rectangle you create with the rectangle tool. Then select the rectangle, and in the Website Properties menu go to Placeholder and enter the code generated by JotForm and insert the code into the Replace HTML Body section (click the button and paste the text).

Or and this would probably work as well, in Website Properties, un-check [ ] Clip to Page Edges. If an object or image extends beyond the page borders, it will still display.

Or, just make your current page deeper. Preview. And if necessary, make your page deeper. You can drag the bottom of the page with the Selector Tool (the arrow pointer) to make the page deeper.

Did exactly as he said with place holder then republished the page still cut off so tried lengthening and republish same result yet I know it worked for him as he managed to submit form so I am still doing something wrong.

Copy the page with the form (right click > Copy Page)

In a new web document Paste > Paste Page

Upload the page here (Click Go Advanced and then click Manage Attachments) and we can take a look.