Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Problems with publishing: file in htm index that was removed from page!

It appears that unlike the way Xara removes text content & images that have been removed from a page it doesn't remove mp4 files. These stay embedded within the .xar file even though not visible any longer within that page. I do the same as Acorn suggests, publish your video file to your server and call them from there using an iFrame. I also do likewise for svg files.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Problems with publishing: file in htm index that was removed from page!

Hey everyone!

The problem was solved by renaming and moving the file to a different location. I may not have good enough ram, 12GB, the video is 154MB.

I thought it strange that the program continues to look for the video after it is deleted . . . Does it do that for all files??

Anyhow . . . Since this forum and its members (thank you all) seem to be much more resourceful than Xara support, whom I have trouble getting in contact with, (12.99 for a phone call?? I must be confused . . .)
    I lay before you yet more issues:

The site is up, everything seems to be working, but, I want to customize the meta.
    Specifically, the thumbnail and message that is displayed when I share a link to the website via Facebook, text, etc.

I would also like to make a contact form instead of putting our cellphone numbers and email addresses directly on the website as I'm told that's dangerous.

Not sure how to go about doing those things.

Here's a link to the website: http://theblessingofwater.org/index.htm
    Last edited by Braden; 14 August 2019 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added link to website.

I thought it strange that the program continues to look for the video after it is deleted . . . Does it do that for all files??
    I don't think so Braden. As pointed out earlier it's probably better to keep these mp4 files in a separate sub directory, not drag the mp4's into a xar/web file as Xara doesn't seem to delete them even after they're deleted from the page. I seem to remember this was also an issue with MP3 files.

Very clean site by the way but a bit to much animation for my liking
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Very clean site by the way but a bit too much animation for my liking
    Thank you, it's a tweaked "Lawfirm" template.

You're not the first person to say that about the animations, I was thinking about removing the reveal animations from the mobile site altogether . . .

What would you keep on the main?