Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems with publishing: file in htm index that was removed from page!

So,

I have replaced an mp4 that I had on my site with a YouTube widget.

The problem is, though you can't see it, it still shows up on the bar during the FTP upload, and even worse, it gets stuck every time it gets to the mp4.

Is there a way I can look at all the files on the website and remove it?

Default Re: Problems with publishing: file in htm index that was removed from page!

Use xara hosting which is included with your product. You need to sign in with your Xara password.

It is a good way to preview a site online and/or to make it available for clients to see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara hosting.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	124759  

Default Re: Problems with publishing: file in htm index that was removed from page!

Is there a way I can look at all the files on the website and remove it?
    Yes, if you use an ftp program like Filezilla you can delete it from your server. If your using Xara's inbuilt Publish you can follow the procedure Gary points to (Magix server or any other) and hit Explore Web Space. From the resultant window you can delete or rename assets.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Did not work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2019-08-13 21-03-58-136.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	124760  

Then the mp4 isn't on your website, it's not been uploaded. You need to find it in your xar file & delete it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Then the mp4 isn't on your website, it's not been uploaded. You need to find it in your xar file & delete it.
    Well, it must have been shrunk or turned invisible, because I don't see it anywhere.

Is there a good way to find it?

Look for a folder called xarainfo and see if it's camping in there. Mine's in my Pictures folder, but I tend to change default settings so that may not be where yours is.

https://www.magix.info/uk/forum/dele...older--932252/

Seems like I'm not the only one experiencing this.

That link is to a five-year old thread, so probably does not refer to your situation.

What filesize is/was the MP4?
    If it was added to the Xara design then the sticking is probably because it is very big and your machine does not have enough RAM to handle it.
    ChrisM's suggestion is probably the right one; another place to check might be in the %localappdata%\Temp\XaraTempSupportFolders\ folder. If so it is more likely be an MS Windows problem, retaining temp files. Don't delete everything, just the offending MP4 file.
    I have just checked on my machine and the support folder disappears when Xara is closed, re-opens when the design file is opened and disappears when the MP4 is deleted form the design.

As you have discovered, it is far more sensible to add videos to YouTube and link that into your design.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat