Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blog on Xara vs Online Editing

Hello,

I'm working in XDP X v.16 and will use a template for website.

My customer wants ability to edit text on an "announcements" page.

I've seen the thread here on "Embed a Website" widget. To create a blog and insert looks like a great option.

Just curious if anyone has used Xara cloud online editing for this purpose; allowing client edit of text only.

For specific purpose of client to edit text only, I am looking for thoughts on what's best.

Figuring my options are: 1) Insert Blog 2) Xara Online Editing, and possibly 3) Password protect "announcements" page to give client access to text editing only.

In most cases my clients aren't very tech savvy. Looking for user friendly option.

Thank you in advance for thoughts.

Default Re: Blog on Xara vs Online Editing

Embed a Website I don't think is what you want. This gives you the ability to add a webpage or site using basically an iframe.

I think Xara Online will let you give access to your clients to make changes that I think you can limit. And your client does not need to have Xara software.

You may want to invest into this.

https://www.xt-cms.com/

https://demo.xt-cms.com/xara/

Gary, thank you for your thoughts. I will check out Xara Online.

Behzad, thank you for links. This is reasonably priced and has my interest. Do you use this CMS? In looking at the demo, there is "Powered by" link back to product. Do you know if there is option to remove that link?

Many thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    In looking at the demo, there is "Powered by" link back to product. Do you know if there is option to remove that link?
    "Powered by" link is just added for the demo site as a link back to the main site. It's not added by the CMS and it's not requirement to add it.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    "Powered by" link is just added for the demo site as a link back to the main site. It's not added by the CMS and it's not requirement to add it.
    Fantastic, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    Gary, thank you for your thoughts. I will check out Xara Online.

Behzad, thank you for links. This is reasonably priced and has my interest. Do you use this CMS? In looking at the demo, there is "Powered by" link back to product. Do you know if there is option to remove that link?

Many thanks to all.

I only take on clients that do not want cms. This way I make more money and I do not mess up the site. My past experience has been disastrous with clients changing things on me and afterward rushing and panicking to fix it.
    I might use it in the near future but not now, it sure seems a dream come true for xara users.