Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Color with Gradient Tool no longer working properly - Native plugin

I do not see a Duotone option with the FX Color With Gradient but I do see a Donut option. And all of these work with my copy of Designer Pro X 16
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donut.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	124755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duotone.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	124754  

when magix say personalised support do they mean you need a current subscription in order to get [free] one to one support I wonder ?

no problems with the effect that I can see with my xdpx15.1

I used to use it a lot, these days not so much, but occasionally black and white profiling [eg the pre-set chrome] is useful - of course if you need profiling you can't use the colour editor...

no idea what the problem might be I'm afraid
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hello guys. It seems to work in a different folder. Could be a corrupt folder but it happened a few times. weird. It works in the new folder I made.
    But I did make some examples to review. The program used Xara Pro X 16.

To use the tool
    :
    Go to FX > Choose Color Filter > Choose Color with Gradient > Edit one of the options or make a new one > Choose ok.

The following image shows an example of duotone photo editing. Basically two tones for a photo. In this case Peach and Purple.
    You can even add more colors if you want. Doesn't have to be two colors.
    The tool allows for some really creative edits.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ferrar-duotone4.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	124767

I love combining this type of graphic editing style with abstract deconstructivism, DADA style, and by the numbers styles.
    Anyone ever wants to talk style, I'm open for convos. LOL.

Heres the Xar File:
    Duotone Test Example.xar

Well with more testing. Its not the folder Im using. Its the software.

Shall I uninstall and reinstall it?

Quote Originally Posted by properez5 View Post
    The following image shows an example of duotone photo editing. Basically two tones for a photo. In this case Peach and Purple.
    You can even add more colors if you want. Doesn't have to be two colors.

The tool allows for some really creative edits. ...
    While using the conotone option one cannot specially do more than two colors, in the below, I duplicated the image and removed the FX, then used the conotone option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000141.png 
Views:	84 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	124772

Now if they would actually be true duotone images.

Now if they would actually be true duotone images.
    As I have always maintained, if it were easy to do, it would have been done a long time ago. Grayscale is another of these.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    As I have always maintained, if it were easy to do, it would have been done a long time ago. Grayscale is another of these.
    Might just be true.

Then again...we have a good list here with simple things that may never get added.

BTW, if I can fake it out of XP&GD and it be for all practical purposes a duotone, I think Xara can do it right...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: pdf 2.pdf (535.0 KB, 94 views)