Hello, I have placed a ticket with Magix about this issue and they basically told me im screwed. That's pretty damn messed up. So now I have to upgrade to get support or any kind of advice.

The Problem: The Tool: "Color with Gradient" is no longer working properly. This tool is not a third-party tool. It is Native to Xara.
I use Xara professionally as a designer for multiple clients.

I use the "Color with Gradient Tool" to do Duotone effects on photos.
The effect will take place but goes away when re-opening the project. That's a huge problem for me as I do duotones a lot.

My Solution: Contact Magix to ask for advice or info on the NATIVE plugin and any solutions.

Their response: Free personalised support for your product is no longer available as it is older than 12 months. We hope for your understanding and can only recommend to use the other resources that are available through MAGIX:

Im Curious: They called it personalized. Its a darn NAtive plugin to Xara! Sheesh!

Since they can't help me, Has anyone here ever had this problem? What can I do? I can use Photoshop to do Duotones but ID rather use Xara for everything.
If I cant, then that means the software is faulty as professional software and the word PRO needs to be stricken off of the title of the software. My PC literally has no problems whatsoever. Its an MSI gaming desktop with plenty of speed and control.

If I seem upset and a little harsh its because this should not be happening. I talk highly of Xara among designers in the US and defend it every time Photoshop and Illustrator come into a conversation.

Does anyone know what I should do? Does Xara as a development team know what I should do? Is Magix in full control now? Should I just go ahead and purchase the upgrade? what if things go bad even after the support runs out again?