Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Problem with table text hyperlinks in Web Designer 16

I wonder whether anyone else is having difficulty adding hyperlinks to text in tables in the latest edition. I had to revert to version 15 to add a new link on this page. Version 16 either left a previous link un-updated or left the text unlinked.

The table was originally created in version 15 without encountering this difficulty.

Default Re: Problem with table text hyperlinks in Web Designer 16

I took the liberty of moving your Bug to the Dear Xara forum.
    It is more likely to be noticed here.

Xara has suggested that a bug-fix release could be forthcoming.
    Let's hope it will be fixed in that.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn.

You can get links in tables. First write some text off the canvas. Add the link to the text. Copy the text and paste into the cell. It does sort of tell you this in the help.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    You can get links in tables. First write some text off the canvas. Add the link to the text. Copy the text and paste into the cell. It does sort of tell you this in the help.
    Thank you Grace but this is not a solution. Once added, you cannot change anything. If I want to make a Layer pop-up instead, I have to keep a master phrase for each and every cell I need hyperlinks to, outside of the table!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Brambler,

Reed looks like a lovely village

Many thanks for your report. I have logged this with our developers and hopefully it should be fixed very soon. We are planning a bug fix patch soon to fix a lot of table issues and more.

Kind Regards
    Rob

Hi there. Just to mention that this problem still persists. Is there any news on a fix, please?

I'll chase the developers on this issue, It is assigned to the a developer but can't say whether it is fixed or not yet.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    can't say whether it is fixed or not yet.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for chasing, Rob. I assure you it hasn't been fixed. I have been regularly checking for updates, but none has yet been issued.

If it has been fixed it would be done so in internal developer builds, which are tested first before the changes are compiled into a patch that is released. I don't know whether it will make it into the next patch but I've chased the developers on the issue.

Thanks
    Rob