Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default bug: Undo skewing changes the values with feathering and the amount of shadow blur

See attached examples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug skew shadow.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	124747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug skew feather.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	124748  

Default Re: bug: Undo skewing changes the values with feathering and the amount of shadow blu

I can confirm this know1. The shadow changes from 6px Blur to a 15.2px Blur. The feather changes from a 10px Feather to a 19.4px Feather

Good find!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: bug: Undo skewing changes the values with feathering and the amount of shadow blu

Fascinating find.
    I set Units to Millipoints, the Xara canonical unit.
    I then feathered 100mp to a Skew of exactly 45 degrees.
    On Undo, the Feather became 199.
    Repeating this results in a doubled value less one, every time.

This should help Xara debug to the exact area.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Know1, I've reported this to our developers, DDES-16162

I see this also happens with the bevel tool.
    Inner bevels become bigger to the inside, outer bevels keep growing in size.

I did see the one with the bevels / feathers in the database too, I think that is logged as DDES-9152 (reported in X1 lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I did see the one with the bevels / feathers in the database too, I think that is logged as DDES-9152 (reported in X1 lol)
    A 15-year Backlogged defect is pretty impressive with two defects reported each working day.
    Xara Studio apparently had 20+ developers working on it for over 2 years (Wikipedia), twenty five years ago. Time for another rewrite that is not 'Xara Cloud'-driven?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    A 15-year Backlogged defect is pretty impressive with two defects reported each working day.
    Xara Studio apparently had 20+ developers working on it for over 2 years (Wikipedia), twenty five years ago. Time for another rewrite that is not 'Xara Cloud'-driven?

Acorn
    Despite being reported so many years ago it actually never had any additional reports until today, I can see why it was never given any priority to fix. I'm sure users have seen this bug many times, but just haven't reported it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Despite being reported so many years ago it actually never had any additional reports until today, I can see why it was never given any priority to fix. I'm sure users have seen this bug many times, but just haven't reported it.
    Rob, totally agree. Bugs are fascinating nonetheless. Exposing a list of know bugs would go a long way to letting users know the current state and whether, in their judgement, it needs to be escalated; a case study into this is the Squishy-Squashy Saga. Isolated, you end up with a lot of disillusioned users that Xara otherwise would not know about.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Rob, totally agree. Bugs are fascinating nonetheless. Exposing a list of know bugs would go a long way to letting users know the current state and whether, in their judgement, it needs to be escalated; a case study into this is the Squishy-Squashy Saga. Isolated, you end up with a lot of disillusioned users that Xara otherwise would not know about.

Acorn
    I've suggested a public bug reporting support center before, that allows users to report if they have the same issue or not but alas nothing became of it. I can see the pros and cons for it but for now I try and attach bug numbers to anything people report so they can chase it up if they wish.