Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am creating html emails with flash cartoons embedded. They work fine when viewing the mail in Outlook express but Netscape Communicator will not display them. Does anyone know how to get Netscape to recognize the .swf and call it's plug in. I think it might be done with the FLASH FS command publish setting but I do not know the javascript to insert. Any help would be appreciated.
    IP

I am creating html emails with flash cartoons embedded. They work fine when viewing the mail in Outlook express but Netscape Communicator will not display them. Does anyone know how to get Netscape to recognize the .swf and call it's plug in. I think it might be done with the FLASH FS command publish setting but I do not know the javascript to insert. Any help would be appreciated.
    IP

Hi there,

You need to use the EMBED tag as well as the OBJECT tag in order for Netscape to view the Flash file. Even still, the user will have to tinker with settings in their client to view it in Netscape or Eudora. It's not an easy task. Usually it's just better to put the movie inside its own table cell, and have the background of the table set as a static image, so that if their client isn't configured to show the movie, at least there's still a static image instead of a big, ugly, empty spot.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    <font face="arial" size="2">
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    Senior Web Designer
    http://www.blab.com
    </font>
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO