Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text style heading 2+ not showing when trying to delete it or update it

Text style heading 2+ is showing up in the top drop down main menu, but I need to either remove it, or update it to Text style heading 2.

I cant update it by selecting it and use the update heading 2+ in this variant because the style is not showing as an option to select in the menu so I cannot select it.
    I also cannot delete it from the drop down in the main style menu as it does not show up there either.

I can update the Text style heading 2+ by manually selecting it and using the main style drop down to change it to heading 2, but that will take a long time to move from page to page and do it that way, I need to use the auto sanity saving method

Can anyone suggest something to reset it or change it, in frustration tried shouting at it, but nothing happened

Default Re: Text style heading 2+ not showing when trying to delete it or update it

At some point when you applied Heading 2, you subsequently changed some of this text by making it bold, italic or altered the font colour. Each place you do this is flagged as Heading 2 +.

You can remove it by selecting all of the Heading 2 text (including the Heading 2 +) and re-applying Heading 2.
    If you want to retain this new style you place the cursor into the changed style so that Heading 2 + shows and then in the text style dropdown, select Create style.

I don't think there is any other way.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Text style heading 2+ not showing when trying to delete it or update it

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    At some point when you applied Heading 2, you subsequently changed some of this text by making it bold, italic or altered the font colour. Each place you do this is flagged as Heading 2 +.

You can remove it by selecting all of the Heading 2 text (including the Heading 2 +) and re-applying Heading 2.
    If you want to retain this new style you place the cursor into the changed style so that Heading 2 + shows and then in the text style dropdown, select Create style.

I don't think there is any other way.

Acorn
    Thank you for the suggestion, in the end I had to alter it manually, page by page, find every heading text 2+, select it and update it to heading 2, that removed every instance of heading 2+ and its all updated, a bit of a scull numbing experience, but that's life.

For all the sophistication of Xara Designer Pro X, the Name gallery does very little to improve this difficulty.

There is enough space in the Text Style dropdown to actually show what the Style has been altered by but Xara has not bothered; you have to go through the rigmarole of using Create style to find out what the amendments are.
    As I recall, Word Perfect, MS Word and even a Computer Concepts DTP or two made a better fist of this.

One for the Dear Xara Forum,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat