Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Failed to setup bitmap error

Hi everyone,
    This issue is now stopping me from exporting my website to either a local folder or to my ftp. It wasn't an issue last week...now it is. It's happening on a Windows 7 machine and my new Windows 10. It happens on Designer Pro X and on Web Designer 11 Premium and I spent five hours last night with no joy.
    The website is a 37 page site, with three variants. I tried deleting variants in turn and then publishing but the error is there all the time - it isn't a variant. I deleted blocks of pages and then tried to export...I know if I delete pages 10-20 then the site will export ok.
    Here's the problem. If i reload and then delete 10-15, I get the error. This would, you'd expect' mean the issue was in pages 16-20...
    Nope! I reload and then delete 16-20 and...error.
    It's driving me nuts. I can't find the page with the problem let alone the problem itself. I have no idea why this suddenly happened. Last Saturday = all was well, last night it started. I moved from 11 premium to Designer Pro but now the saves are doing it in both versions.
    The recent nature of this (without any changes being made - I think) and the inconsistency of which page seems to be the issue, has me totally confused.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Robert

Default Re: Failed to setup bitmap error

Sorry, the attachment is uploading but then isn't showing in the 'add' box.

Problem.web

Phew - every other page works well, these are the problem pages. Any help as to what's causing that error would be really appreciated.
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forresthowie View Post
    Problem.web

Phew - every other page works well, these are the problem pages. Any help as to what's causing that error would be really appreciated.
    Many thanks
    D
    Ok, interestingly I now have it working. It would seem that if you make it in Premium 11 and then work on it in Designer Pro x, it has issues, regardless of whether you then go back to 11 or stick to 10.

I've moved this thread to Dear Xara which is for bug reports and feature requests

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I've moved this thread to Dear Xara which is for bug reports and feature requests

Ah -good plan. Thank you.

Chris M provided the solution in another post/ thread.

Go to the Page & Layer tab; for each variant and for every page, on the MouseOver layer, you will find 8 embedded groups. If you remove them from from every page on all 3 variants the site previews across all 3 variants without the error message. This works in v16.2 where you can also add 'scale-to-width' from the Export Options.

I cannot tell what purpose the MouseOver embedded groups were meant to serve and if any functionality is removed by the deletions, you will need to add it back.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Edinburgh Tours.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	124733  

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    Chris M provided the solution in another post/ thread.

Go to the Page & Layer tab; for each variant and for every page, on the MouseOver layer, you will find 8 embedded groups. If you remove them from from every page on all 3 variants the site previews across all 3 variants without the error message. This works in v16.2 where you can also add 'scale-to-width' from the Export Options.

I cannot tell what purpose the MouseOver embedded groups were meant to serve and if any functionality is removed by the deletions, you will need to add it back.
    Thank you! I really appreciate this help.
    Yours,
    Robert