Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool using P&GD en XDP animation in Wordpress ?

Trying to make a popup (text and/or photo) or even worse a popup slideshow with the help of xara templates:

[1] is it possible to use the end-result in a wordpress - site or only useable in a website made in xara webdesigner ?

[2] I don't understand what to fill in, what is expected .
    Ofcourse I've read the helptext , but ..... all stuff is written in English while my language is Dutch.

does anyone have a simple but comprehensive manual for me? I understand, Dutch is asking too much, but a more simple tool would be nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Talkgrafics-photo-slider.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	124720  

Default Re: using P&GD en XDP animation in Wordpress ?

Hello Sara

I have moved this to Xara Web Design Chat.

I do not know the answer but I am sure one of the members will be able to help.

[1] is it possible to use the end-result in a wordpress - site or only useable in a website made in xara webdesigner ?
    Hi Sarah, I think this should be quite simple. If you create a webpage in Xara & Publish it, it should be fairly straightforward to embed that page within a wordpress site in a placeholder.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Sarah, I think this should be quite simple. If you create a webpage in Xara & Publish it, it should be fairly straightforward to embed that page within a wordpress site in a placeholder.
    Thanks for your response, Egg Bramhill, I would think so too. But there is still a bit more to be filled in, was my 2nd question, as you can see on the attached photo.
    That is mainly the problem: I do not know what must be entered where. With the website data that I have in mind, it did not work.

What I am looking for is a completed example. They are not in the help texts. And that unfamiliarity with the English language makes sure that I don't get further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another problem is : are the 3 additional photos stored in one file or should there be references or web links for those additional photos?
    In short, no idea how this is constructed.

translation by Google.

Name:	Talkgrafics-photo-slider settings.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	124737  
    Last edited by dutchie; 11 August 2019 at 10:53 PM.

Firstly, this may help. A Dutch version:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Don't know if this helps?

Name:	export.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	124738  
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Thanks for your response, Egg Bramhill, I would think so too. But there is still a bit more to be filled in, was my 2nd question, as you can see on the attached photo.
    That is mainly the problem: I do not know what must be entered where. With the website data that I have in mind, it did not work.

What I am looking for is a completed example. They are not in the help texts. And that unfamiliarity with the English language makes sure that I don't get further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another problem is : are the 3 additional photos stored in one file or should there be references or web links for those additional photos?
    In short, no idea how this is constructed.

translation by Google.
    Thanks, Egg Bramhill, nice , but can I simply install the Dutch version OVER the English without troubles ?

Since Magix has taken over Xara, communication with Magix in terms of contact, understanding and technical progress has seriously declined. It is that I got used to Xara with effect from Xara 5, otherwise I would have stopped because of Magix.

Magix didn't report this version to me (..)

------------------------------------------------------------------

ftp: you could not know, but since 1990 I have been active as an affiliate marketer with quite a few websites, although I am now - age 71 - on my way back, with less then 5 websites for my pleasure.
    So in itself the FTP is clear to me, always use Filezilla (..)
    It is less clear in which directory storage of the basic tool and any help-photos (unless it is saved in one file).
    In short: photos in the root or in a specific directory such as 'images' or whatever.

Next to this , there are more questions, like what to fill in for instance 'profile'. I tried a lot already without success .....

I may not be understanding this well, but pictures don't need translating:

No need to add anything to Profile
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FTP.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	124740

To use FileZilla do NOT use 'Publish Website' in Xara, use 'Export Website'. This will put the files in a folder you choose on your computer.
    Name:  Export.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  8.0 KB

Use FileZilla to upload the files. Do not alter them.

Name:	FZ.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	124742

I hope I understood your problem correctly.

Hello Chris,

Indeed, publish works only with Xara/Magix webspace. I still have no access to it, despite an option when purchasing the software, thanks to Magix support.

Export website does the job, together with Filezilla.

Nevertheless, it produces an index html holding 40 lines html , including 4 css files and 5 .js files in a supporting directory holding 700 Kb files. With this way of export I can see this now.

Placed in an active website, but new directory and a new post, and the result is : nothing to see.
    The index.html file is active in this existing post, by using the plugin 'includingme' (satollo.net).

I had a dream : could be much more nice and simple , back to 4 normal pictures .

Thanks for helping !!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchie View Post
    Hello Chris,

Indeed, publish works only with Xara/Magix webspace.
    No, you CAN use Publish Website to publish to ANY server. The problem is trying to add it to a WordPress site. I can't visualise your idea, but is it possible to create a folder via FileZila and publish the Xara site to that? You would then link from the WordPress site to the Xara site and vice versa.

You could use the Publish Website option, changing the green section in the attached picture to the name of the folder you created.

Name:	Xara Publish.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	124743