Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: .cdr to .jpg

I have created a yellow page ad in Corel Draw 11 and saved it as a .cdr file. ( Click attachment at bottom to view ). The phone co. rep sent their printer's requirements for graphic submissions. It states that they will only accept Corel Draw .eps file extensions or .jpg and fonts must have outlines or paths created to insure that fonts do not default. A footnote was given - ( Outlining of fonts is a function of Illustrator and some other programs that converts text to non-editable artwork ). They also remark that Illustrator 10 or earlier is the preferred program.

My ad contains fonts that the printer may not have and I do not want to be subjected to automatic substitution. This is why I need to send them the file as a whole graphic ( font to be viewed as graphic )

Can someone help me out if Draw 11 can accomplish this or can someone do it for me since I do not have any other graphic programs installed. I would be willing to pay someone for their conversion of this to what I need.

[This message was edited by Igor Smetaniuk on March 09, 2004 at 19:33.]

[This message was edited by Igor Smetaniuk on March 09, 2004 at 19:36.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

I have created a yellow page ad in Corel Draw 11 and saved it as a .cdr file. ( Click attachment at bottom to view ). The phone co. rep sent their printer's requirements for graphic submissions. It states that they will only accept Corel Draw .eps file extensions or .jpg and fonts must have outlines or paths created to insure that fonts do not default. A footnote was given - ( Outlining of fonts is a function of Illustrator and some other programs that converts text to non-editable artwork ). They also remark that Illustrator 10 or earlier is the preferred program.

My ad contains fonts that the printer may not have and I do not want to be subjected to automatic substitution. This is why I need to send them the file as a whole graphic ( font to be viewed as graphic )

Can someone help me out if Draw 11 can accomplish this or can someone do it for me since I do not have any other graphic programs installed. I would be willing to pay someone for their conversion of this to what I need.

[This message was edited by Igor Smetaniuk on March 09, 2004 at 19:33.]

[This message was edited by Igor Smetaniuk on March 09, 2004 at 19:36.]
    IP

Hi Igor ... Welcome to TalkGraphics.

To send a CDR file with fonts intact you need to click on the "Embed Fonts Using TrueDoc(TM)" box. See below:

-Ed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Igor2.jpg 
Views:	4605 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	12180  
    IP

When saving to EPS you need to "Convert Text to Curves" while saving. See Below"

-Ed.

Name:	Igor1.jpg 
Views:	4503 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	11773  
    IP

If you export to JPG change the dpi setting to 300dpi.

-Ed.

If you get in a bind ... repost the CDR file with the "Embed Fonts using TrueDOC" box checked and I'll see if I can export it for you.

Good Luck!

Name:	Igor3.jpg 
Views:	4445 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	15396  
    IP

Ed,

Super thanks!

Will try this as soon as I get a chance and will keep you posted.

Greatly appreciated,

Igor
    IP

Nice ad Igor
    IP