I've created a booklet / brochure / newsletter with 16 x A5 portrait pages.

I want to print this onto 4 sheets of A4 paper - landscape mode with 2 vertical A5 pages per sheet of A4.

No matter which print or page set-up options I select, it always prints as I've got it laid-out in Xara Designer Pro - pages 16 & 1 on sheet 1 side 1 with pages 2 & 3 on sheet 1 side 2, pages 4 & 5 on sheet 2 side 1, pages 6 & 7 on sheet 2 side 2 etc, etc.

What I want is to print pages 16 & 1 on sheet 1 side 1, with pages 2 & 15 on sheet 1 side 2, pages 3 & 14 on sheet 2 side 1, pages 4 & 13 on sheet 2 side 2 etc, etc.

I've been doing this in Serif PagePlus for years, producing our village newsletter and the software automatically lays it out how I want.

Additionally in PagePlus, if I export as a PDF (to email to distant ex-residents), I have the option to export as laid-out, so one page follows another for easy reading, or I can impose the pages (which is what I want Designer Pro to do) to send to a printer.

Can someone point out where I'm going wrong and give a simple step-by-step guide to doing it correctly?

Thanks,