Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Inserting Amazon links - Web Designer Pro

Acorn
    Another question...
    If you look at: http://www.own-boat-tuition.co.uk/bo...20building.htm you will see that each product has a text box, a block of text and a graphic - which is also the Amaxon link.

If I make any changes it all goes wrong. Can I make the text box, text and graphic all move together so I can move things up or down, or add another product mid-column?

Many thanks for yor help.
    Kind regards
    Paul

Paul, select all the objects and Soft-group them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn - thanks for that. I was trying to select multiple objects incorrectly - but I have it sorted now.

Another question (for anyone - I feel guilty for monopolising Acorn), my website at: http://www.own-boat-tuition.co.uk/yacht%20designers.htm is a list of books. It works fine on a PC screen but at 640px (tablet) the link images are too big. When I try to make them smaller the image doesn't reduce - it just loses an edge or whatever and results in an odd looking half-picture.
    So - does anyone know how to make an Amazon link image smaller? Any general design input welcome - I am not a graphic designer.
    Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul in Sussex; 15 August 2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Sussex View Post
    Hi Acorn - thanks for that. I was trying to select multiple objects incorrectly - but I have it sorted now.
    Another question (for anyone - I feel guilty for monopolising Acorn), my website at: http://www.own-boat-tuition.co.uk/yacht%20designers.htm is a list of books. It works fine on a PC screen but at 640px (tablet) the link images are too big. When I try to make them smaller the image doesn't reduce - it just loses an edge or whatever and results in an odd looking half-picture.
    So - does anyone know how to make an Amazon link image smaller? Any general design input welcome - I am not a graphic designer.
    Regards
    Paul
    Paul, on Main, your book inserts have text and image grouped. This is wrong as you are offering up a collated image. You need to ungroup and apply Soft-group instead.

When done, the image placeholder will be easier to scale the width and height values for the Variant.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Paul, on Main, your book inserts have text and image grouped. This is wrong as you are offering up a collated image. You need to ungroup and apply Soft-group instead.

When done, the image placeholder will be easier to scale the width and height values for the Variant.

Acorn
    Hi Acorn
    Thanks again for your input.

I am wondering if Xara is the best platform on which to create an 'affiliate' website? The received wisdom seems to be that one should use Wordpress. I have had little experience of WP but what I have had I didn't like. It seems difficult and restrictive - rather like Joomla etc.

Thanks again
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Sussex View Post
    Hi Acorn
    Thanks again for your input.
    I am wondering if Xara is the best platform on which to create an 'affiliate' website? The received wisdom seems to be that one should use Wordpress. I have had little experience of WP but what I have had I didn't like. It seems difficult and restrictive - rather like Joomla etc.
    Thanks again Paul
    Paul, it is always better to start a new Thread with a new ask.

Can you do that and also define what you mean by an "'affiliate' website". I can only guess it is linking away to somewhere else and any purchase made gives you a kickback.

Acorn