Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Inserting Amazon links - Web Designer Pro

Hi all
    I have a little website: http://www.own-boat-tuition.co.uk/index.htm to which I have added a page for books. I would like to list sailing and boat books from Amazon.
    I tried copying the HTML that Amazon provide and adding it to the relevent page using: - Utilities - Web Properties - page, and then going to HTML Code (body) button and pasting it in.

The problem is nothing appears on the page - I was expecting some text and a pic of the book cover...

I expect I have missed something obvious - I am a sailor not a coder...

Any help would be much appreciated - this is my first attempt at anything like this.

Kind regards

Paul

Default Re: Inserting Amazon links - Web Designer Pro

Paul, create a box, 120x240px, on your design page.
    Currently, your "Of Yachts and Men" insert is under your Books page.
    Paste the same code into Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (body).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn
    Thank you for your reply.

Among other mistakes I didn't realise that the Amazon image and link wouldn't be visible on the design page...
    When previewing and publishing the site I find that I can only see the Amazon link and image in Explorer - it is not visible in Firefox or Chrome - do you have any ideas?

Thanks again
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Sussex View Post
    Hi Acorn
    Thank you for your reply.
    Among other mistakes I didn't realise that the Amazon image and link wouldn't be visible on the design page...
    When previewing and publishing the site I find that I can only see the Amazon link and image in Explorer - it is not visible in Firefox or Chrome - do you have any ideas?
    Thanks again
    Paul
    Paul, in the Placeholder tab, there is a tick box that allows the placeholder source to generate the end view: tick Regenerate.

It appears in my browsers, except Opera, so in each browser, try pressing Ctrl+F5 to clear their caches and force the latest page export to be downloaded.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK - brilliant - that works.

Many thanks

Have a great weekend

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Sussex View Post
    OK - brilliant - that works.
    Many thanks
    Have a great weekend
    Paul
    Great, now what's with this thing that floats on water with a sheet; it beats me?

Acorn