Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Inserting Amazon links - Web Designer Pro

Hi all
    I have a little website: http://www.own-boat-tuition.co.uk/index.htm to which I have added a page for books. I would like to list sailing and boat books from Amazon.
    I tried copying the HTML that Amazon provide and adding it to the relevent page using: - Utilities - Web Properties - page, and then going to HTML Code (body) button and pasting it in.

The problem is nothing appears on the page - I was expecting some text and a pic of the book cover...

I expect I have missed something obvious - I am a sailor not a coder...

Any help would be much appreciated - this is my first attempt at anything like this.

Kind regards

Paul

Default Re: Inserting Amazon links - Web Designer Pro

Paul, create a box, 120x240px, on your design page.
    Currently, your "Of Yachts and Men" insert is under your Books page.
    Paste the same code into Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML code (body).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn
    Thank you for your reply.

Among other mistakes I didn't realise that the Amazon image and link wouldn't be visible on the design page...
    When previewing and publishing the site I find that I can only see the Amazon link and image in Explorer - it is not visible in Firefox or Chrome - do you have any ideas?

Thanks again
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in Sussex View Post
    Hi Acorn
    Thank you for your reply.
    Among other mistakes I didn't realise that the Amazon image and link wouldn't be visible on the design page...
    When previewing and publishing the site I find that I can only see the Amazon link and image in Explorer - it is not visible in Firefox or Chrome - do you have any ideas?
    Thanks again
    Paul
    Paul, in the Placeholder tab, there is a tick box that allows the placeholder source to generate the end view: tick Regenerate.

It appears in my browsers, except Opera, so in each browser, try pressing Ctrl+F5 to clear their caches and force the latest page export to be downloaded.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK - brilliant - that works.

Many thanks

Have a great weekend

Paul

OK - brilliant - that works.
    Many thanks
    Have a great weekend
    Paul
    Great, now what's with this thing that floats on water with a sheet; it beats me?

Acorn

Hi Acorn
    Just picked up your reply.
    Sheet - I think I am missing something here... - do you mean sheet as in jib - sheet?

Regards
    Paul

Hi Acorn
    Just picked up your reply.
    Sheet - I think I am missing something here... - do you mean sheet as in jib - sheet?
    Regards Paul
    See, just pointing out I know nothing about sailing! Reading a nautical dictionary as I type.
    Paul, it was supposed to be humour.

Acorn

I get that it was meant to be humorous I just didn't get it... My bad.

Sheet as in sail then? Strangely the ropes that control the sails are called sheets - main sheet, jib sheet etc, which is what confused me (not hard).

If you buy and read some of the books on my website you will learn some of this stuff - then you could join www.themilebuildingclub.com, come sailing and become an expert. That's two cases of shameless self-promotion in one sentence - not bad huh?

I get that it was meant to be humorous I just didn't get it... My bad.
    Sheet as in sail then? Strangely the ropes that control the sails are called sheets - main sheet, jib sheet etc, which is what confused me (not hard).
    If you buy and read some of the books on my website you will learn some of this stuff - then you could join www.themilebuildingclub.com, come sailing and become an expert. That's two cases of shameless self-promotion in one sentence - not bad huh?
    Paul, I'll stick with land-yachting thanks.

Acorn