Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this a bug?

I have noticed a small bug or I believe it might be one.

When I have a paragraph of text in XaraX and I highlight a couple of lines in the middle of the paragraph and hit return, I get an error message 'internal program error 828.ob' and another pop up message saying 'spurious internal error has ocurred' and then often all text below the 'deleted' lines disappears after selecting the arrow cursor.

I would normally expect just an empty carriage return to appear instead.

I have tried this several times with the same result.

Note:
    It only happens when I drag the text cursor along the lines and ALSO highlight the little arrow/triangle 'carriage return' icon at the end of the line/s. So selecting one line without highlighting the carriage return icon isn't a problem.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had the same problem or if it is something specific to my setup here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I have noticed a small bug or I believe it might be one.

When I have a paragraph of text in XaraX and I highlight a couple of lines in the middle of the paragraph and hit return, I get an error message 'internal program error 828.ob' and another pop up message saying 'spurious internal error has ocurred' and then often all text below the 'deleted' lines disappears after selecting the arrow cursor.

I would normally expect just an empty carriage return to appear instead.

I have tried this several times with the same result.

Note:
    It only happens when I drag the text cursor along the lines and ALSO highlight the little arrow/triangle 'carriage return' icon at the end of the line/s. So selecting one line without highlighting the carriage return icon isn't a problem.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has had the same problem or if it is something specific to my setup here.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

If you highlight a word or two of text and hit Enter, I would expect the highlighted text to be deleted. If you want to break a line of text, insert the cursor in front of the word for the next line and hit Enter.

Not sure about the bug.

Anyone else able to recreate this?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

ended up crashing the whole program too...

Here's a step by step so everyone else can try it - also a cool trick I learned in the progress...

I tested it in Xara X running on Windows 2000 Professional. The cool trick I learned was to hold down shift while moving the end of the text line tool (you can swing the paragraph around in circles)...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xarabug.gif 
Views:	378 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	1523  
    Robert Steflik
    www.wfcentral.com
    ASUS Laptop / Windows 10 ---- Xara Designer Pro X11 ---- Xara owner since version 1.0

It doesn't seem to happen in Win95.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

And if you hold down Ctrl you can also move around the end of the text line with the constrain angle!

Kindly,
    ivan

Happens in Windows XP too. But the application does not crash and I can delete the text and start over.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

in Win98 2nd edition.
    Tried it a few times , didn't happened.

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Yes, I can get the same error. Xara doesn't crash but I can still see the lower part of the paragraph until I scroll the drawing area out of view. When I scroll it back into view that text is gone.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I can make it error on Win95 if I only select the returns.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean