Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Sign up button shows up at left corner of this page

No code in the head, that I can see.

That's interesting. Thanks for looking at it.
    "The second placeholder seems to be from the mobile variant. That is another problem but not responsible for the button appearing there.
    The problem seems to be that the placeholder code has been messed up. Parts of it appear duplicated and there is an additional </div>, and I think the later is the main reason.
    The other problem is that using the same placeholder on the mobile variant creates a duplicate ID, and that will cause problems.
    I strongly recommend to create a separate form for the mobile variant and to repeat the process of adding the placeholders. If the code is still messy then you would need to contact the provider of that code."

Egg, trying to attach the web file for you. Not sure if I am doing it right.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I removed the following from the form. It appears to work fine now.

<input type="text" name="mobile_phone">
    </div>
    <div class="vr-submit">
    <div class="vr-notice"></div>
    <input type="submit" value="Sign Up">
    </div>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg. You certainly got it working properly!
    Appreciate you all!
    Sue
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    I removed the following from the form. It appears to work fine now.

at the bottom the duplicated lines
    </form>
    <link ... signup_forms.embedded-2.css">
    <script ... signup_forms.embedded-2.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">...id: "19791209301703"...</script>
    should also be removed.
    And (quite surely) you still will have the problem of transferring data from the wrong form if you don't fix the duplicate ID issue.

Siran, I redid each version, like you suggested.
    I will go ahead and take out the part you suggest too. Not sure what it all means. I did copy the Vertical Response form...so if you can explain more so I can learn, that would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    at the bottom the duplicated lines
    </form>
    <link ... signup_forms.embedded-2.css">
    <script ... signup_forms.embedded-2.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">...id: "19791209301703"...</script>
    should also be removed.
    And (quite surely) you still will have the problem of transferring data from the wrong form if you don't fix the duplicate ID issue.

I'm sorry, but I can't explain much better.
    The problem is you duplicated the code which includes the ID of the form (see first line of the placeholder code, you will find something like ...id="vr-signup-form-19791209301710"... on both variants of the page). It is not allowed for two elements to share the exact same ID, and for a page with variants, all variants are published to the same htm file. This situation will probably result in whichever variants "sign up" button is clicked the data that is transferred will be taken from the first occurrance of the ID in the file. But there is no guarantee it will behave like that, maybe the code provided is smart enough to skip currently invisible forms, but I doubt that will be the case. At least go ahead and check what is transferred for each variants "sign up" button after setting different values to the form fields for both variants.

Siran, I think you are a bit above what I can understand. I'm afraid of changing much and finding that the form doesn't work at all.
    I don't know if I just change the numbers to something made up or what. I am not a coder.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can't explain much better.
    The problem is you duplicated the code which includes the ID of the form (see first line of the placeholder code, you will find something like ...id="vr-signup-form-19791209301710"... on both variants of the page). It is not allowed for two elements to share the exact same ID, and for a page with variants, all variants are published to the same htm file. This situation will probably result in whichever variants "sign up" button is clicked the data that is transferred will be taken from the first occurrance of the ID in the file. But there is no guarantee it will behave like that, maybe the code provided is smart enough to skip currently invisible forms, but I doubt that will be the case. At least go ahead and check what is transferred for each variants "sign up" button after setting different values to the form fields for both variants.