Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: optimizing my own images

Thank you all for your input, however I did not get my answer. I do not want xara to change my image quality, please refer to my first post here. I want my image quality to be as I made it in photoshop. I do not want it to be converted by xara or changed to jpg or png.

Upload your images to a folder on your server. Then in Xara create a placeholder with the following:

<iframe src="https://my-site.com/untouched-images/my-iamge-1.jpg" width=500 height=700 scrolling=no frameborder=0 marginheight=0 marginwidth=0></iframe>
    Xara only loads your untouched images with no conversions.

Why you would want to do it this way I couldn't understand.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg you are a wizard but I would never do it the way you described. I am bitching about how xara does not give the option of having my own image output choices. In reality there should be a third option that allows users to have their cake and eat it too. I am never happy with the way Xara does the conversion.

Hi Behzad, I'm just not following your requirements ???
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    I do not want xara to set any of these choices to my images.

Attachment 124674
    He wants a option that says "NONE OF THE ABOVE - JUST LEAVE EVERYTHING ALONE"

I must admit, if I was still doing websites that would be my preference. On a number of occasions, I've had good quality pictures, and viewing the finished website, Xara had deteriorated the quality of the images to be unusable. I also wanted a "Leave my images alone" button.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

For example, where is Xara messing about with this image. Looks great to me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Sorry, cross posting there Keith so I didn't see your post. I'm still not understanding the problem.

If I import an image from Photoshop, Xara loads that image. It doesn't change the image in any way. Regardless of the dpi the image should import at x px x y px. Xara's not messing about with this. Perhaps there may be some messing about with jpg's quality on export but if you set this to 100 then nothing should change.

I'm at a loss about the direction of this thread

Perhaps someone can post an example Photoshop image that Xara messes up?
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    He wants a option that says "NONE OF THE ABOVE - JUST LEAVE EVERYTHING ALONE"

I must admit, if I was still doing websites that would be my preference. On a number of occasions, I've had good quality pictures, and viewing the finished website, Xara had deteriorated the quality of the images to be unusable. I also wanted a "Leave my images alone" button.
    You said it well, better than I did. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sorry, cross posting there Keith so I didn't see your post. I'm still not understanding the problem.

If I import an image from Photoshop, Xara loads that image. It doesn't change the image in any way. Regardless of the dpi the image should import at x px x y px. Xara's not messing about with this. Perhaps there may be some messing about with jpg's quality on export but if you set this to 100 then nothing should change.

I'm at a loss about the direction of this thread

Perhaps someone can post an example Photoshop image that Xara messes up?
    Egg we are talking about web design not print. Web export and viewing on the browser.

When I bring in an image that is optimized and saved from Photoshop in JPG, I do not want xara to convert it to jpg again. I do not want Xara to change it to png. I want it to be left alone.
    Below is info on re-saving a jpg that will only cause degradation.

https://collab.its.virginia.edu/wiki...gradation.html