Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pasting Text With Tabs Behaves Differently in PGD 16

I have a problem with pasting lines of text that include Tabs.

I was previously using PGD 11. I have a text are defined, and I periodically paste new text in that area, replacing or adding to the existing text. The lines of text are quite simple, nearly identical. The sentence includes two tabs. It's a simple matter of copying a line of unformatted text from another program and pasting it into the PGD document. It's always worked fine.

When I opened the document in PGD16 and tried to paste the text in, PGD didn't seem to understand the tabs. It behaved as if I had a double tab stop in each line. When I tried to edit the text, simply deleting the (hidden) tab seemed to work, but pressing the tab key still put in two tabs. If I pressed Del (or Backspace) twice (so as to delete the "mystery" tab, it started to delete characters of text. I'm at a loss to explain what's happening.

I know this is difficult to explain in writing. I've tried uploading two GIF files, but all I get is is an exclamation mark next to the file names and a button to Clear List. They conform to the restrictions for GIF attachments. There's no explanation given as to why I can't upload the files.

Default Re: Pasting Text With Tabs Behaves Differently in PGD 16

I have moved this to Dear Xara, the forum to post bug reports or suggestions for features and functions.

Without seeing an example it's difficult to see. When you import the text are you selecting HTML text or Plain Text?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

have you created/used text styles?
    if you did use text styles, did you actually set tabs and update the text style?
    if you used text styles, when you paste is there a plus symbol next to the text style name?
    i get plain text when pasting from a text editor. are you pasting from other than a text editor?

mike